Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I've just started having the same issue with my HP Pavilion g7 series laptop, in particular, my keyboard will freeze up and I will lose my cursor on the screen.  The past couple times this has happened, I was prompted to install a supposed missing driver for my Synaptics Pointing Device, but doing so has not fixed ANYTHING.  The only quick fix I have is pressing my power button to put my laptop to sleep and then powering back up again.

Someone, please help fix this!

HP Recommended

Why does my keyboard stop working on my new HP Pavilion g7.  High CPU useage noted from Norton.  Screen totatlly non-responsive.

HP Recommended

Hello Richard1461,

I understand you state you keyboard stops working on your laptop, is that accurate? I will do all I can to help you with this issue.

In order for me to better assist you could you please provide the full make and model of the PC you have.  Providing me that information will better help me help you. If you're uncertain where to locate that information follow this link.

If I have been helpful or if you’d like to say thanks you can click the white star under my name to give me Kudos.  I really appreciate it.

Please respond at your earliest convenience.

Thanks

Clicking the White Kudos star on the left is a way to say Thanks!

Clicking the 'Accept as Solution' button is a way to let others know which steps helped solve the problem!
HP Recommended

I have three hp laptop pavillion g7 1350dx, they all have the same problem

the only solution I can find right now is to launch the onscreen keyboard and then close it down that seems to reset the hardware keyboard

HP Recommended

Well i have the same problem with mine. I would randomly work for a second then stop. So i decided i would whipe the hard drive clean and start fresh. Well even when i was trying to put my activation code in my keyboard wasnt working at all, but occationally it would do a letter everyonce in awhile.

Its not a virus, its just hp computers.

HP Recommended

I'm also having this issue and it's a new computer. I'm also unable to eject a cd by pressing the drive button--only by going to computer and ejecting.  The computer is also freezing. I'm not happy with this computer.

HP Recommended
I have an hp with an amd hd radion 6800? Dual core my keyboard works about ten minutes then stops working and acts like the keys are short cuts the funny part about it is that it started almost right after my warranty expired hp fix this I see all these people saying the same stuff I will never buy an hp again if you can not fix this for me I'm sure all these people are thinking the same I have always been warned by friends family and computer repair stores never buy hp don't prove them right I hope you can fix this
HP Recommended
A7A40UA#ABA
HP Recommended

Specterninja,

Have you tried updating the BIOS yet? I'm not sure that it will resolve your issue, but it is a possibility. 

Here is a link to the BIOS update if you would like to try it: http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareDownloadIndex?softwareitem=ob-113117-1&cc=us&dlc=en&lc=en...

Best of luck,

Kyle

-------------How do I give Kudos? | How do I mark a post as Solved? --------------------------------------------------------
Signature
HP Recommended

TRY HARDWARE FIX WHICH WORKED FOR ME AFTER TRYING EVERYTHING ELSE THAT FAILED. The connector tape under the keyboard had come loose and after reconnecting it everything worked fine. Look on internet on how to remove keyboard and then just reconnect connector tape which seems to come loose with use -- not a very good receptor plug...

Remove one screw under the bottom hardware cover (which has its own screw which doesn't completely come out but enables cover to slide off) immediately under the middle of keyboard and then turn it over and pry keyboard off. More than likely you'll see the connector precariously loose or out all together. Just reinsert it and put front clamp down on it. Put keyboard back -- not as easy to snap back in as one might think -- and then replace screw and cover on back. Voila!.......

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.