Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
15AU110NA
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I bought a 15inch notebook in November, paying for Microsoft Word ,Home and Student package. 

It worked okay until January when Word became disabled, I received a message saying my subscription had been cancelled.

(I'd paid to have the package permanently). I was advised to type in a product code. I typed in the product code HP had given me but got a message saying code was no good. I phoned up Microsoft. They said the code hadn't been activated by the seller and was of a type only given for trials anyway.

I emailed the HP sales consultant. I got a reply which told me to contact technical support: no link, email address or telephone number. I wrote back, telling them to sort it out or at least pass me on to someone who could.

After this I received a text telling me the product was going to be collected from me this Wednesday, Feb1. I got an email from the sales consultant implying i'd asked for this. There's some mention of a replacement but I haven't been told when this is going to be.

I phoned up today and I could tell the guy speaking to me was giving me a load of guff. he said the product could only be fixed by them collecting it. He said he'd email as to when a replacement would arrive but I knew he was making it up and the email hasn't arrived.

They want to collect the laptop on Wednesday February 1. If I let them collect it I've got no idea when a replacement will arrive and they might try to argue there's nothing wrong with the laptop.

I've had messages telling me McAfee, which should be on the computer, is not installed.

Any ideas?

Any help greatly appreciated.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi@mitchk2,

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP.

They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number.

Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact.

Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Forum.

Resolv_S

I work for HP

Please click Accept as Solution if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the Kudos Thumbs Up" to say “Thanks” for helping!

"HP respects and is committed to protecting the personal information of our covered individuals." You can read more in the HP Privacy Statement.

Note: HP doesn't recommend any upgrade/downgrade of any hardware/software parts or software that is bundled with the product. It may affect the manufacturer's warranty.

Resolv_S
I work on behalf of HP

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the Thumbs up" button!

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.