Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Start my laptop up and it just says

Boot Device Not Found

Please install an operating system on your hard disk.

Hard Disk  -  (3F0)

Every time I do the Start-Up Test, the Run-In Test, and the Hard Disk Test it says Hard Disk Not Exist.  Please Help.

57 REPLIES 57
HP Recommended

Your hdd has either failed, or may not be secure inside the case. Try reseating it to see if that helps. If no joy post back with model of your laptop if you need suggestions on a new hdd replacement.

**Click Accept as Solution on a Reply that solves your issue**
***Click the "YES" button if you think this response was helpful.***

HP Recommended

How do you reseat the hdd?

HP Recommended

Remove it and then reinstall it, making sure it is plugged in securely. If you need the Service Manual use the link at top of this page-'Support & Drivers' to find your models support pages. Or post the full model and/ PN from the Service tag attached to bottom of laptop.

HP Recommended

Hello ,  I have same problem but I have never banged ,dropped etc my note book ?? It did up dates one day , restarted and the black screen came on that says "No boot device found " go to hp.com/go/techcenter/startup  ? I am out of warranty so what's next ? Help Please .

HP Recommended

Enter BIOS by tapping away at the F10 key immediately after powering on the laptop.Once in BIOS, tap the F9 key to reset 'Defaults', then F10 to Save & exit.

The document here should be helpful:

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c01443463

HP Recommended

Did not reset hard drive , Not sure how to do it plus can not understand how it would come loose ?

HP Recommended

Hi there, 

Been having the same problem myself, it self fixes after a Factory Restore (sometimes it won't let me load that, but occasionally it does). I Installed a new copy of Windows 7 and it has fixed again but not sure if this is temporary or not. 

Did you ever fix this? If so how, please give suggestions so I can try to fix mine. 

Thanks!

HP Recommended

Hi there, 

Been having the same problem myself, it self fixes after a Factory Restore (sometimes it won't let me load that, but occasionally it does). I Installed a new copy of Windows 7 and it has fixed again but not sure if this is temporary or not. 

Did you ever fix this? If so how, please give suggestions so I can try to fix mine

Thanks!

HP Recommended

Hi,i installed HDD & memory on another machine and they worked.but on my machine nothing is happening.i did this after my laptop could not find Operating System.Please help am worried.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.