Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Spectre x360 - 13-ap0053dx

Hi there, I have a HP Spectre 360 Convertible laptop and HP G5 docking station. When I connect my laptop to HP docking station it's showing me CMOS Checksum is invalid ERROR-502 and the laptop is going into hung state.
Laptop is also not detecting the external monitor display.

When I unplug the docking station, laptop functions fine.

Please suggest and help.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi @PawanRahate,

Welcome to the HP Support Community.

Thank you for posting your query. I will be glad to assist you.

I see that you are facing an issue with your Laptop that gets into an error state when the docking station is plugged in.

To understand the issue and help you, please share the details listed below:

Note: Do not share any of your personal information such as serial number, phone number, email ID, etc., on your public post.

- Is this the first time you are using this docking station on the laptop or has the docking station worked fine before?

- When was the last time it was working fine?

- Were there any changes made to your laptop recently?

Take care and have a great day ahead!

Irwin6

HP Support

Irwin6
I am an HP Employee

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the Thumbs up" button!

HP Recommended

Yes, docking station was working before. 
Recently I updated the windows 11 on my laptop and after that it's stooped working

HP Recommended

Hi @PawanRahate,

Thank you for sharing the above information.

Disconnected the docking station from your laptop and follow the below steps to fix the issue.

-Perform a power drain on your PC.

1) Unplug the power cord from the PC & wall.

2) Press and hold the power button down for 15 seconds and release the power button, wait for about 30 seconds.

3) Plug the power cord back into the PC and then connect it to the wall.

4) Power on the PC.

-Update the BIOS for your PC by clicking on the link.

Make sure you keep only the charger plugged in while updating the BIOS for your PC.

Click on the + sign next to BIOS and then download the file.

Open the file and follow the on-screen instructions to complete the update.

-Install all the pending updates for the Windows operating system following the below steps

Go to Start > Settings > Update & Security > Windows Update and select Check for updates. If the upgrade is available for your device and you want to proceed, download and install it.

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

I hope this helps.

Take care and have a great day ahead!

Irwin6

HP Support

Irwin6
I am an HP Employee

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the Thumbs up" button!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.