Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 11

I got more than 5 times blue screen every day! The code is DPC WATCHDOG VIOLATION.

I only opened some PDF, Word, and Excel documents, and websites as well.

When the system is stuck, ctrl+alt+delete is not working and a few minutes later, the blue screen comes out. 

I tried to find the minidump folder, don't have anything. 

Screenshot 2024-03-18 143606.png

What should I do? 

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Hi @RenitaLi,

Welcome to the HP Support Community.

Thank you for posting your query, I will be glad to assist you.

I see that you are facing an issue with your Laptop that crashes to a blue screen randomly.

Please follow the steps below to perform an extensive system test to confirm if the hardware is working fine.

1) Shut down the computer.

2) Turn the computer back on again and repeatedly tap on the ESC until a Startup menu appears.  

3) Press F2 once.  

4) Go to the system test > extensive test

If the hardware is working fine. Please follow the steps below to perform a reset.

1) Shut down the computer.

2) Turn the computer back on again and repeatedly tap on the ESC until a Startup menu appears.  

3) Select the F11 key to enter the recovery environment.

4) On the Choose an option screen, select Troubleshoot.

4) "Reset your PC" and restore your system.

5) From here just follow the screen instructions until the reset is completed.

Kindly refer to the steps on this link for reference and let me know if that resolves the issue.

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

I hope this helps.

Take care and have a great day ahead!

Irwin6

HP Support

Irwin6
I am an HP Employee

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the Thumbs up" button!

HP Recommended

RenitaLi_0-1711432586204.png

Hi Irwin6,

Thank you for your reply.

It's not working.

I called the HP line and remotely tried to fix it up.

We tried everything we could except to recover the system.

Now it's going to be picked up by someone and take it back for a service. 

Got it at the end of Feb rarely used it, its performance prevented me from doing my work.

Let's see what going to happen.

Cheers 

HP Recommended

The details are paste as following

System

-Provider
   [ Name]Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Power
   [ Guid]{331c3b3a-2005-44c2-ac5e-77220c37d6b4}

EventID41

Version9

Level1

Task63

Opcode0

Keywords0x8000400000000002

-TimeCreated
   [ SystemTime]2024-03-26T10:16:12.0023463Z

EventRecordID697

Correlation

-Execution
   [ ProcessID]4
   [ ThreadID]8

ChannelSystem

ComputerLLC

-Security
   [ UserID]S-1-5-18
-EventData
  BugcheckCode0
  BugcheckParameter10x0
  BugcheckParameter20x0
  BugcheckParameter30x0
  BugcheckParameter40x0
  SleepInProgress0
  PowerButtonTimestamp0
  BootAppStatus0
  Checkpoint0
  ConnectedStandbyInProgressfalse
  SystemSleepTransitionsToOn0
  CsEntryScenarioInstanceId0
  BugcheckInfoFromEFIfalse
  CheckpointStatus0
  CsEntryScenarioInstanceIdV20
  LongPowerButtonPressDetectedfalse
  LidReliabilityfalse
  InputSuppressionState0
  PowerButtonSuppressionState0
  LidState1
HP Recommended

Hi @RenitaLi,

I am sorry to hear that the above steps did not help much but i do appreciate your efforts in performing the troubleshooting steps.

Kindly refer to the steps on this link to perform a recovery as the issue still persists and let me know if that resolves the issue. (Take a backup of the data before performing a recovery)

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

I hope this helps.

Take care and have a great day ahead!

Irwin6

HP Support

Irwin6
I am an HP Employee

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the Thumbs up" button!

HP Recommended

Hi Irwin6,

I recovered the system from the local source. However the problem is still occurring that I can't use it for my work!

I don't have a blank 32G USB is another problem, I recommend HP gift their customer a 32G USB for this problem as there are so many people asking the same questions on the internet.

After read a lots of articles online, I doubt it is a hardware problem, the defective UPS.

I am still waiting for someone to pick up my laptop to the service center. And I got an email says the order for the parts is placed. Can you please let me know where is the service center in Brisbane or Adelaide?

I can't wait to get it fixed!

RenitaLi_0-1711696362304.png

HP Recommended

Hi @RenitaLi,

I am sorry to hear that the above steps did not help much but i do appreciate your efforts in performing the troubleshooting steps.

The support here is limited to troubleshooting and this issue might require one-on-one interaction to assist you further.

I've sent you a private message with the instructions. In order to access your private messages, Click the Private message icon on the upper right corner of your HP Community profile Next, to your profile Name, you should see a little blue envelope, please click on it or simply click on this link

Take care and have a good day.

Irwin6

HP Support

Irwin6
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.