Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

I bought my laptop about two weeks ago. Then first, I installed Windows 7 Professional 64 bit. I installed "HP Protect Tools" & could enroll all 20 fingers at once without any issue. Then recently, reinstalled the whole system with Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit. Then, installed Protect tools & could enroll my two thumbs. But I couldn't enroll any other finger. For each other finger, first two confirmtions work properly. But at third, it always fails. I cannot think that this is an issue related to how I sweep the fingers. Because, then how do every first two confirmations get passed?.

Hope anyone will help me to sort this out. 🙂

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended
OK.. I just sorted it out. I clear all fingerprints data & then, I could enroll all 20 fingers. 🙂

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended
OK.. I just sorted it out. I clear all fingerprints data & then, I could enroll all 20 fingers. 🙂
HP Recommended

Can you tell us how did you do that please?

HP Recommended

Deshan

I am linking you an HP Support document called "Using HP SimplePass Fingerprint Reader (Windows 7, Vista)" below. You should find all the information you need contained within.

Using HP SimplePass Fingerprint Reader (Windows 7, Vista)

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c02518653

Please feel free to re-post if you have any further questions or concerns.

Please click the "Thumbs Up" on the bottom right of this post to say thank you if you appreciate the support I provide!

Also be sure to mark my post as “Accept as Solution" if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others who face the same challenge find the same solution.

Dunidar
I work on behalf of HP

Find out a bit more about me by checking out my profile!

"Customers don’t expect you to be perfect. They do expect you to fix things when they go wrong." ~ Donald Porter
HP Recommended

Plz help finger print allrady enroled problem show after re installing windows. What am i do ? :smileyembarrassed:

HP Recommended

Do as I have said in a previous comment. Clear all fingerprints & try again. 🙂

HP Recommended

Thanks of all at last I found the solution see this video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8SuGGx9cTKw&feature=youtu.be :generic:  

HP Recommended

This regards my Probook 4430s.  The inability to delete an already assigned finger dogs me already for several years.

The document 

http://h20564.www2.hp.com/hpsc/doc/public/display?docId=emr_na-c01471790

explains::

1. Click the enrolled finger that you want to delete.

2. When the delete confirmation appears, click Yes to delete.

Does NOT work for me.

When I go to an assigned finger there is a fast flicker of a pop up, which disappears immediately.

Subsequently I am invited to assign the finger, which fails because it has been already assiged.

I have reinstalled the Win7 OS.   The previously assigned fingers are STILL assigned.

{{ This is the 2nd festering problem.  The destruction of the USB composite device - which prevents the use of the camera 

in Skype - due to a suspension (?) (getting to sleep or waking up?) is bothering me also for years and is also not fixed with

the resinstallation :-((..   Replacement of the motherboard was useless ...  I doubt that my 3rd lap top will be from HP. }}

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.