Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

I have an HP ProBook 4540s with Windows 8 64-bit (non-Pro).

The HP Support Assistant icon in the task bar on the desktop indicates that a recomended action is pending (there's a yellow explanation mark). But when I open the HP Support Assistant, there's no flag or indication what action is pending. I clicked a few of the large buttons but couldn't find anything marked as pending. Any idea what's up with the app?

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Hello mbratch,

Your ProBook is a Business model.  Your issue would be best answered on the HP Enterprise Business Community Forum

Good luck!

Signature
↙-----------How do I give Kudos?| How do I mark a post as Solved? ----------------↓
HP Recommended

i have the same problem my latop is a compaq CQ58 it always shows the yellow exclamtion mark and its very annoying what shall i do? 

HP Recommended

Hello DMB2013,

You are stating the HP support assistant shows a yellow exclamation point, is that correct? I will be happy to help you.

Generally that acknowledges that something needs to be installed or just a simple reminder.

1.       Double click on the icon

2.       Go to updates and tune-ups

3.       Check the HP updates or HP messages section

4.       You can either delete the action, postpone it or read/install it.

Please respond back at your earliest convenience.

Thanks

Clicking the White Kudos star on the left is a way to say Thanks!

Clicking the 'Accept as Solution' button is a way to let others know which steps helped solve the problem!
HP Recommended

The yellow triangle with the exclamation mark returns and returns again no matter how many times I delete the message. I now have three messages I try to delete and they just pop back up after I delete them. Help, please.

HP Recommended

I have basically the same issue.. 

HP Recommended

What do you mean by 'value'? I find your jargon inconprehensible

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.