Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion dv6-7204es
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

Ok I have HP Pavilion HP Pavilion dv6-7204es which became faulty after BIOS update ..just noise after powering it up no screen .

the problem is when I use "HP system BIOS update utility " to create bootable USB ,the option to do so is not avalibe !!

I dont now why!

LIke the photo below:

I have tried many usb sticks with no luck

I downloaded the tool from the following link

http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp68001-68500/sp68425.exe

Untitled.png

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hello @walidwithu,

Thank you for visiting the HP Forums! A great place where you can find solutions for your issues, with help from the community!

I came across your post about the BIOS issue, and wanted to help!

First, try reviewing the following document, and let me know how it goes:

HP Notebook PCs - Restoring the BIOS

Please let me know if this information helps you resolve the issue by marking this post as  "Accept as Solution" , this will help others easily find the information they may be looking for.  Also, clicking the Thumbs up below is a great way to say thanks!

Have a great weekend!

SDF15
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution.
Click the Thumbs Up to say “Thanks” for helping!
HP Recommended

I have the exact same problem but with the  dv6-7214nr bios update. Get to the point to select which action to do and everything is grayed out. Somethingis causing the windws system to not start and the hard drive to loose permissions, even a back up one I had did the same trying to reload the bios in case something is corrupt on it.

The solution given is to try rolling back a prior update but does not resolve the problem of vreating a memory stick with a bios update.

Only thing I can think of is for some reason it wants the same computer for the memory stick creation that you are trying to do an update on, but that does not make sense if you are trying to fix that same computer.

Eugene

HP Recommended

So has anyone figured out how to get this working? I need to create the BIOS USB drive to fix a laptop that lost its BIOS and this seems like the only way to do it.

HP Recommended

Hi,

I was able to resolve a corupted BIOS on my DV6-7000 between using this post and the one at http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/Corrupted-BIOS-Can-t-create-USB-...    .   The second post was the most important.   It told me to rename a couple files and directly run the insyde executable, which then created the USB files.   I did not do the full set of things he suggested.   I bascially just told it to use the USB that I was able to create and it took off.   I have to think some variance will occur in different models of DV6 from over hte years.   But the key is being able to create the USB, which I had been unsuccessful on using three computers, win10 and win7.

HP Recommended
For the benefit of future Googlers: in order to use the USB drive that gets created, you have to know the magic handshake. First, turn off the computer being updated > insert the USB/flash drive > hold the Windows logo key and the B key at the same time > while still pressing those keys, press and hold down the Power button on the computer for 2 to 3 seconds > release the Power button but continue to hold the Windows and B keys until the BIOS update screen is displayed > release the Windows and B keys. See here for specifics: https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c02693833
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.