Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Hp2000
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)
The other day I reset my HP2000 and I did the full restoration. It got stuck at 21% for a few hours and I turned off my laptop. I then retried it and it stayed at 1% the whole night, I then turned my computer off again. I turned it back on and there was just an HP logo and it would go black and 30 seconds later back to the HP logo In a loop. I turned off my laptop and turned it on while clicking F9 for system recovery, I tried all the options and I can't get back to the homepage and lost my OS. My whole hard drive is wiped and there is nothing left. I don't know what to do, please help!
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hey there, 

What are you trying to use to recover your Notebook? 

Do you have recovery media?

Are you trying to do a Factory reset using media you created?

Are you trying to do a System recovery using HP supplied recovery media?

Can you get into the BIOS to do a hardware test on the hard drive?

If so, please do this test and let me know the detailed results. 

Do you have any beep codes or blinking LED lights?

Here is the Recovery when Windows 10 does not start correctly section of the Performing an HP System Recovery documentation also. There are steps there that may help. 

In the Troubleshooting HP System Recovery Problems document I had provided to you it says: 

"You can start a recovery from recovery discs if you cannot successfully log on to the computer. If you have already made recovery discs using the Recovery Disc Creation program, be sure to run the recovery from the same drive that you used to create the discs." 

• Turn on the computer and remove media from internal drives. 

• Then insert the first recovery disc into the drive.

• Press and hold the power button to turn off the computer.

• Disconnect all connected devices and cables such as Personal Media Drives, USB drives, printers, and faxes. Remove any recently added internal hardware.
  • Turn on the computer.
  • Press the Esc key repeatedly, until the Startup Menu opens.
  • Press the right or left arrow key to select Security on the top menu line, select Secure Boot Configuration and then press Enter.
  • A warning displays. Press f10 to continue to the Secure Boot Configuration menu.
  • Use the arrow keys to select Legacy Support, and then use the right arrow key to modify the setting to Enable.

Use the down arrow key to select Secure Boot, and then use the right arrow key to modify the setting to Disable.

• Use the left arrow key to select the File menu, use the down arrow key to select Save Changes and Exit, and then press Enter to select Yes.

The Operating System Boot Mode Change screen opens.

• Type the pass code (that is specific to this screen on your computer), and press Enter. If there is not a field in which to type it, type it when you see the Operating System Boot Mode Change screen.

The Computer Setup Utility closes and the computer restarts.

• When the computer has restarted, press the power button to turn the computer off.
  • Press the power button again to restart the computer, and then press the Esc key repeatedly, until the Startup Menu opens.

• Press the Esc key to get to the startup menu.

• Arrow down to the Boot Menu, and then press Enter.

Select the SATA device shown on your window, and then press Enter.

• A window that prompts you to run Recovery Manager from the hard disk or from the disc inserted displays, select Run program from media, and then click Next.

• Open Minimized Recovery.

• Under Help, click Minimized Image Recovery.

Follow the on-screen instructions to perform a recovery. 

How far did you get?

What was the step that it was stuck on?

Can you try it again?

Did these steps work for you this time?

If not, which one did it stop on?

Are you receiving any more errors?

There are troubleshooting steps available in the Boot Device Not Found Error or Hard Drive Not Detected document that may help you. 

Please try all of these steps, read over the documents I have provided, and re-post with the detailed results and answers to the questions above. 

Thanks! 

EmeraldAvenger
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution.
Click the Thumbs Up on the left to say “Thanks” for helping!

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Thank you for joining in @Jfballer!

This is a great place to ask questions, find solutions and get help from others in the community! I read your post on the HP Support Forums. I wanted to reach out to you and help with your Notebook going to the HP Logo and then shutting down again. You had said that you tried performing a full restoration but it did not work. 

If any of the solution's provided below resolve the issue, please mark this post as an "Accepted Solution" so that other's who have the same issue can find the step's easily. 

Please try cleaning the computer vents with compressed air and then restarting the Notebook. 

Do you happen to see a blue "Choose an Option" screen at all?

Have you tried to Test for Hardware Failures?

Did you happen to receive any error messages or error codes?

Do you have any beep codes or blinking LED lights? If yes, which ones are blinking and how many times?

Please note remove any and all USB devices. Disconnect all non-essential devices, as these could cause some issues.

Here is the Perform an HP system recovery document. With situations where the System Recovery fails, you can use the Troubleshooting HP System Recovery Problems document.

Please re-post with the results and the answer's to the questions above if you require further assistance. I would be happy to continue to help! Could you please provide me with your Model Number (How Do I Find My Model Number or Product Number?).

Welcome to the HP Support Community!
Thank you for joining in Smiley Happy!

EmeraldAvenger
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution.
HP Recommended
Thanks for the tips unfortunately they did not work. When I start my computer now a screen comes up saying
---------------------------------------------------------------

Boot Device Not Found

Please Install an operating system on your hard disk.

Hard Disk (350)

F2 System Diagnostics

For more information, please visit: www.hp.com/go/techcenter/startup
HP Recommended

Hey there, 

What are you trying to use to recover your Notebook? 

Do you have recovery media?

Are you trying to do a Factory reset using media you created?

Are you trying to do a System recovery using HP supplied recovery media?

Can you get into the BIOS to do a hardware test on the hard drive?

If so, please do this test and let me know the detailed results. 

Do you have any beep codes or blinking LED lights?

Here is the Recovery when Windows 10 does not start correctly section of the Performing an HP System Recovery documentation also. There are steps there that may help. 

In the Troubleshooting HP System Recovery Problems document I had provided to you it says: 

"You can start a recovery from recovery discs if you cannot successfully log on to the computer. If you have already made recovery discs using the Recovery Disc Creation program, be sure to run the recovery from the same drive that you used to create the discs." 

• Turn on the computer and remove media from internal drives. 

• Then insert the first recovery disc into the drive.

• Press and hold the power button to turn off the computer.

• Disconnect all connected devices and cables such as Personal Media Drives, USB drives, printers, and faxes. Remove any recently added internal hardware.
  • Turn on the computer.
  • Press the Esc key repeatedly, until the Startup Menu opens.
  • Press the right or left arrow key to select Security on the top menu line, select Secure Boot Configuration and then press Enter.
  • A warning displays. Press f10 to continue to the Secure Boot Configuration menu.
  • Use the arrow keys to select Legacy Support, and then use the right arrow key to modify the setting to Enable.

Use the down arrow key to select Secure Boot, and then use the right arrow key to modify the setting to Disable.

• Use the left arrow key to select the File menu, use the down arrow key to select Save Changes and Exit, and then press Enter to select Yes.

The Operating System Boot Mode Change screen opens.

• Type the pass code (that is specific to this screen on your computer), and press Enter. If there is not a field in which to type it, type it when you see the Operating System Boot Mode Change screen.

The Computer Setup Utility closes and the computer restarts.

• When the computer has restarted, press the power button to turn the computer off.
  • Press the power button again to restart the computer, and then press the Esc key repeatedly, until the Startup Menu opens.

• Press the Esc key to get to the startup menu.

• Arrow down to the Boot Menu, and then press Enter.

Select the SATA device shown on your window, and then press Enter.

• A window that prompts you to run Recovery Manager from the hard disk or from the disc inserted displays, select Run program from media, and then click Next.

• Open Minimized Recovery.

• Under Help, click Minimized Image Recovery.

Follow the on-screen instructions to perform a recovery. 

How far did you get?

What was the step that it was stuck on?

Can you try it again?

Did these steps work for you this time?

If not, which one did it stop on?

Are you receiving any more errors?

There are troubleshooting steps available in the Boot Device Not Found Error or Hard Drive Not Detected document that may help you. 

Please try all of these steps, read over the documents I have provided, and re-post with the detailed results and answers to the questions above. 

Thanks! 

EmeraldAvenger
I work on behalf of HP

HP Recommended
Thanks!!!!! That process worked, I have another problem tho. I loaded my computer with Windows 7 home premium 64 bit OS. But I can't use the Internet. It says no connections available and it won't let me troubleshoot, I even deactivated the firewalls
HP Recommended

Hey!

Thank you for getting back to me and letting me know that the steps had worked for you. I understand that you are having an issue with the Wireless now. 

Have you uninstalled the driver in the Device Manager?

If not, please do the following: 

• Go to the Device Manager.
  • Expand using the + sign next to Network Adapters.
  • Right click on the Network Adapters.
  • Click Uninstall.
  • Restart the Notebook twice.

Have you tried to Update wireless network drivers? If not, please try the following:    

• Go to the Device Manager.
  • Expand Network Adapters.
  • Right click on the Network Adapter.
  • Click Update Software Driver
  • Restart the Notebook.  

I also did some research and found a great document for you called Troubleshooting Wireless Network and Internet.

Let me know if that works! 

EmeraldAvenger
I work on behalf of HP

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.