Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

When reinstalling windows 10 I keep getting blue screens that says BrHostDrv.sys and the computer won't finish updating windows and is stuck at 65%. Some other things are I did a wipe that should uninstall everything like apps or settings and I did it in local not cloud.

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Hi @Bransen,

Welcome to the HP Support Community.

Thank you for posting your query, I will be glad to assist you.

I see that you are facing an issue with your Laptop.

Please follow the steps below to perform an extensive system test to confirm if the hardware is working fine.

1) Shut down the computer.

2) Turn the computer back on again and repeatedly tap on the ESC until a Startup menu appears.  

3) Press F2 once.  

4) Go to the system test > extensive test

If the hardware is working fine. Please follow the steps below to perform a reset.

1) Shut down the computer.

2) Turn the computer back on again and repeatedly tap on the ESC until a Startup menu appears.  

3) Select the F11 key to enter the recovery environment.

4) On the Choose an option screen, select Troubleshoot.

4) "Reset your PC" and restore your system.

5) From here just follow the screen instructions until the reset is completed.

Kindly refer to the steps on this link for reference and let me know if that resolves the issue.

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

I hope this helps.

Take care and have a great day ahead!

Irwin6

HP Support

Irwin6
I am an HP Employee

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the Thumbs up" button!

HP Recommended

I'm on the reset PC part and don't know if I should do local or cloud when I tried local I had blue screens but I'm scared cloud will cost money.

HP Recommended

Hi @Bransen,

I am sorry for the delayed response and the inconvenience.

You can surely select the cloud download to reset the PC and you wont be getting charged for anything.

If the issue still persists, Back up Data and Reinstall Your Windows.

Please click on this link to perform a recovery on your Laptop.  (Take a backup of the data before performing a recovery)

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

I hope this helps.

Take care and have a good day.

Irwin6

HP Support

Irwin6
I am an HP Employee

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the Thumbs up" button!

HP Recommended

Please help I'm scared it said something like could not install windows please use local instead. Also the computer I'm stuck on the updating screen and the recovery thing so I can't go on Microsoft edge and click on the link and I can't and don't know how to do the back up on data that you bolded and when I went to reinstall windows the first time I said delete everything 

HP Recommended

Hi @Bransen,

If you are not sure on taking a back of the data, then you will have to take the laptop to a local store to create a backup for you and then reinstall the operating system using the link shared earlier.

Take care and have a good day.

Irwin6

HP Support

Irwin6
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I have a tower, and I can't go on Microsoft edge to use the link, and I don't know what a backup is and don't know how to make one, and also is there a way to fix my problems without taking it to a repair center because I don't have money to fix it

HP Recommended

I'm so sorry irwin6 I just did the extensive test and wireless module check not installed, hard drive smart check passes, and hard drive short dst check failed

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.