Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
When I turn on my computer I get a blue box that says enter administrator password or power on password. After 3 attempts I get the code 69419016. What can I do?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi,

Enter:      76571038

Regards,

DP-K

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

****Click the White thumb to say thanks****
****Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem****
****I don't work for HP****

Windows Insider MVP

View solution in original post

15 REPLIES 15
HP Recommended

Hi,

Enter:      76571038

Regards,

DP-K

Windows Insider MVP

HP Recommended
Yes! But now it gives me a screen that says boot device not found please install an operating system in your hard dusk
HP Recommended

Hi,

Can you post back with the following details.

The full Model No. and Product No. of your notebook - see Here for a guide on locating this information.

The full version of the operating system you are using ( ie Windows 7 64bit ).

Regards,

DP-K

Windows Insider MVP

HP Recommended
This is what I could find
Product # c2m31ua#aba
Model g7-2240us
Windows 8
HP Recommended

Hi,

Shut down the notebook, unplug the AC Adapter and then remove the battery.  Hold down the Power button for 30 seconds.  Re-insert the battery and plug in the AC Adapter.

Tap away at the esc key as soon as you start the notebook to enter the Start-up Menu, then select f10 to enter the Bios Menu.  Press f5 to load the defaults ( this is sometimes f9, but the menu at the bottom will show the correct key ), use the arrow keys to select 'Yes' and hit enter.  Press f10 to save the setting and again use the arrow keys to select 'Yes' and hit enter.

If there's no change, shutdown the notebook again, then tap away at the esc key as you start the notebook to enter the Start-up Menu.  Select the Diagnostic Menu option ( f2 ) and run the tests on the Hard Drive - post back with any error messages/codes.

Regards,

DP-K

Windows Insider MVP

HP Recommended
Ok guy I was trying the method mentioned above and I may have stumbled on a way easier way to disable the annoying little blue administration or password on blue box as long as you know the password this worked beautifully ok here goes press the power on button hit the ESC key you'll start to hear beeping and that blue box will pop up enter the password when the setup menu appears press F10 to enter the BIOS menu then press the right arrow key until you highlight the security option menu you will two option below "Administrator password " and "Password On" next to each you should see <Set> this means there is a password is set now press the down arrow and highlight the first one "administrator password" hit enter this should bring up a pop up window that says "enter existing password" and below that it asks you to enter new password now enter your existing password and hit enter now the enter new password option will be highlighted DO NOT TYPE ANYTHING IN IT just hit enter and then hit enter again when it highlights the confirm new password option hit enter once again if you did it right now next to Administrator password you should see <clear> instead of <set> repeat the same steps for the password on option and again next to it you should see <clear> hit F10 or what "F" key says save changes and exit turn off your computer restart it and be ready to say bye bye blue box your computer should start up normally without that blue box popping up sorry the post is long I wanted to make it as clear as I could for all of you to be able to do this it's A LOT easier then it may sound
HP Recommended
When I turn on my computer I get a blue box that says enter administrator password or power on password. After 3 attempts I get the code 68116637. What can I do?????
HP Recommended
Please reply asap becouse i need to use my laptop 😩
HP Recommended

@Rahemahakhtar

Enter  77874219

Regards,

DP-K

Windows Insider MVP

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.