Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP ENVY TouchSmart 17-j017cl
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have a

HP ENVY TouchSmart 17-j017cl Notebook PC  I have bought 4 recovery DVD FOR HP support one month ago, whenever iI want to recover it I recieve this error explained below. 

As I was trying to fix it, I did the followings;

1. turn on wifi

2. bios date was set to before 22/06/2014

3. reset the bios to default

BUT THE ERROR STILL EXISTS!!!

2.PNG3.PNG

Selecting save log prompts for you to insert a USB drive which basically shows the same message as Details (see below).

4.PNG

Message;

[15:35:01.68] ChkErrBB.CMD :  Detect some error during PININST_BBV.

[15:35:01.68] ChkErrBB.CMD :  Check c:\system.sav\logs\BurnBootWarn.log

[15:35:01.68] ChkErrBB.CMD :  or, check c:\system.sav\logs\BurnBootMerge.log

Selecting retry prompts for recovery media, basically the first DVD of the recovery media sent by HP.

1.PNG

There are four (4) disks total, 1 through 3 are recovery DVD’s and a Supplemental disk

Ako
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi there @ako89kurdish, 

I would like to welcome you to the HP Support Community where you can ask questions, find solutions and get help with the issues you experience.

Disconnect all connected devices and cables such as Personal Media Drives, USB drives, printers, and faxes. Remove media from internal drives, and remove any recently added internal hardware.

It might be necessary to disable secure boot in the BIOS in order to start the computer using recovery media (USB Drives or CD/DVD).

The new Recovery Manager for Fall Update 2015 must be downloaded and installed to successfully perform a system recovery using HP Recovery Manager.

A minimum of 3 GB of free space is required to install the Recovery Manager update.

Did you back up all personal files and read all caution statements before performing a system recovery? Failure to backup your files will result in loss of files and information that you do not want to lose.

For instructions to backup and save your files, see Backing up your files (Windows 10, 😎.

The complete recovery process can take 4 to 6 hours or more to complete. For best results, the computer should not be connected to the Internet. The computer will restart several times during the process. Do not turn off the power or interrupt the recovery process until the prompt to log in to Windows is displayed.

Here are some links to a forum thread where other people have experienced the same issues and have it resolved: Detect some error during PININST_BBV

I found the Troubleshooting HP System Recovery Problems document for you also. Please follow the troubleshooting steps in this document to help you with the recovery attempt failing. 

Did this reply resolve your post or question? If yes, then please share the good news! Let others know this reply was helpful by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation by clicking the kudos.

Thanks for participating in the HP Forums where we want to help you as well as others who may experience a similar issue as you have. If you require further assistance, I would be more than happy to help! Please just re-post with the detailed results of the troubleshooting! 

Have a great day! 

EmeraldAvenger
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution.
Click the Thumbs Up on the left to say “Thanks” for helping!

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
HP Recommended

If you haven't already, use the search box to pull up some of the threads regarding   Detect some error during PININST_BBV

that some of us had found a resolution to completing  the recovery process successfully . I my case what had finally worked was setting the bios to default settings/ save and reboot to bios again, then changing the  bios clock date back to a year  before the "Born on Date" listed in the bios page, saved it and rebooted to the recovery and it worked.

read through and see if you find a setting that will work for you.

One thread I just read mentioned that once you get to the insert supplimental disk you have an option to skip it and that worked for the OP

It's frustrating, I know but hope this helps you toward finding what works for you

HP Recommended
Thank you. For helping
But i do it not working for me 😕
Ako
HP Recommended

Hi there @ako89kurdish, 

I would like to welcome you to the HP Support Community where you can ask questions, find solutions and get help with the issues you experience.

Disconnect all connected devices and cables such as Personal Media Drives, USB drives, printers, and faxes. Remove media from internal drives, and remove any recently added internal hardware.

It might be necessary to disable secure boot in the BIOS in order to start the computer using recovery media (USB Drives or CD/DVD).

The new Recovery Manager for Fall Update 2015 must be downloaded and installed to successfully perform a system recovery using HP Recovery Manager.

A minimum of 3 GB of free space is required to install the Recovery Manager update.

Did you back up all personal files and read all caution statements before performing a system recovery? Failure to backup your files will result in loss of files and information that you do not want to lose.

For instructions to backup and save your files, see Backing up your files (Windows 10, 😎.

The complete recovery process can take 4 to 6 hours or more to complete. For best results, the computer should not be connected to the Internet. The computer will restart several times during the process. Do not turn off the power or interrupt the recovery process until the prompt to log in to Windows is displayed.

Here are some links to a forum thread where other people have experienced the same issues and have it resolved: Detect some error during PININST_BBV

I found the Troubleshooting HP System Recovery Problems document for you also. Please follow the troubleshooting steps in this document to help you with the recovery attempt failing. 

Did this reply resolve your post or question? If yes, then please share the good news! Let others know this reply was helpful by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation by clicking the kudos.

Thanks for participating in the HP Forums where we want to help you as well as others who may experience a similar issue as you have. If you require further assistance, I would be more than happy to help! Please just re-post with the detailed results of the troubleshooting! 

Have a great day! 

EmeraldAvenger
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution.
HP Recommended

thank you i well  do it completly wht do you say i am do it...

but   not fix for me ... 😕

Ako
HP Recommended

Have you tried the steps from my previous post? In order for me to assist you better, I will need to know the results of the troubleshooting steps. Otherwise, I will not be able to help you narrow down the cause. Any additional information that you can provide would be helpful.

Thanks! 

EmeraldAvenger
I work on behalf of HP

HP Recommended
Thank you. For helping my problem is solved.
somthing is important for recover system kit

Befor 6 month my orginal hard (hdd750GB) is faeld. And i am changed to ssd 250gb and when i recoverd a komputr faeld to partion a ssd drive.

Today i am changing a ssd hard and buy a new HDD750Gb hard .... and chnaging my pc hard .

But know my windws 8 64 bit is not active.. 😕 wht i can do?
Ako
HP Recommended
Thank you my problem is fixed. But when recoveri is completed my windows 8 64 bit is not activ
Ako
HP Recommended

Hi there @ako89kurdish, 

I am glad to hear that the recovery attempt was successful in that it is now working.

The recovery disc's that you have should work for you when you install the new hard drive also. Did you happen to create recovery dics's at some point before all of this happened?

What do you mean by your Windows 8 is not active? Is it the key that is missing? 

Please let me know. 

EmeraldAvenger
I work on behalf of HP

HP Recommended

thank you . my all problem is solved 

i am conect to microsoft and microsoft helpe me 

Ako
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.