Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

I have downloaded the driver for the card reader  here : http://h20565.www2.hp.com/hpsc/swd/public/detail?swItemId=ob_125075_1&sp4ts.oid=5359417 

before you have given the link.

The driver of unknown device still cannot be installed. It is giving an error.

For not being encountered with thse problems, when I reformat my PC, should I change win 7 version I use?

What can we do now?

Thank you.

HP Recommended

Hi:

Try the older version of the driver...

This package provides the HP 3D Driveguard Software (HP ProtectSmart Hard Drive Protection) for supported notebook models that are running a supported operating system. The HP 3D Driveguard Software protects the hard drive by parking the heads if the notebook is accidentally dropped, or is abruptly impacted by another object.

http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp71501-72000/sp71811.exe

It shouldn't matter what 64 bit version of W7 you install.  They should all work.

Not sure why the drivers aren't installing.

HP Recommended

@Paul_Tikkanen wrote:

Hi:

Try the older version of the driver...

This package provides the HP 3D Driveguard Software (HP ProtectSmart Hard Drive Protection) for supported notebook models that are running a supported operating system. The HP 3D Driveguard Software protects the hard drive by parking the heads if the notebook is accidentally dropped, or is abruptly impacted by another object.

http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp71501-72000/sp71811.exe

It shouldn't matter what 64 bit version of W7 you install.  They should all work.

Not sure why the drivers aren't installing.

It didn't work again. I am pasting the eror.

errror.png

If I try to translate it, it is "There is a problem related to this Windows installer packet. A program working with the installation did not ended up as expected. Ask it to your supporting personel or seller of the packet. Action: RegisterWithMObilityCenterTile64, place: ... \MSI6475.

Thank you.

HP Recommended

Go to the device manager, and click on the unknown device needing the driver.

Click on the driver tab.  Click on Update Driver.

Select the Browse my computer for driver software option, and browse to the driver folder that was created when you ran the file.

That folder will be located in C:\SWSetup\sp71811.

Make sure the Include subfolders box is checked and see if the driver installs that way.

HP Recommended

All drivers has been installed but now I am taking a new notification as:

start error.png

Thank you.

HP Recommended
HP Recommended

I have discovered a new problem and I think it is related to drivers. DVD writer sees some dvds as blank and it is strange that Win 7 sees the dvd writer as a removable device just like USB sticks and sd cards. DVD writer can be ejected by safe eject option located at the right lower corner of the secrren. So would you please explain how I can solve this?

eject dvd.png

Thank you.

HP Recommended

Hi:

On some of my notebook PC's it also shows up like that too, because you can remove it from the drive bay.

It doesn't make sense to me either.

HP Recommended

But can we find any solutions to the problems of dvd-writer because it sees dvds as blank even though they are not.

Isn't it clear that this is a driver problem. DVD writer was working properly in Win 8.

Thank you.

HP Recommended

Unfortunately, that I would not be able to help you with.

Windows automatically installs optical drive drivers.  There aren't any separate DVD drivers.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.