Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion G6 QG833EA#ABH
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hii,

after upgrading to windows 10 i tride to go back to windows 7. Now wen my laptop startsup the screen is all black and shows,

An operating system wasn't found. Try disconnecting any drivers that don't contain an oparating system.

i tride afriting but noting helps als cant reser de system or bios. i dit a system test is givs oke!!

how can i reinstall windows ??

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi @vehbi,

You could try using the Windows Update Troubleshooting toolto fix any updates that have not come through for Windows.  
This is a download that will run a check on your system and usually repair it.

Let me know how it goes.

Don't forget the Thumbs up just to say thanks !

Thanks.

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom left to say “Thanks” for helping.:smileyhappy:

I work on behalf of HP

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi @vehbi,

Welcome to the HP Forums!

I understand from your posts that you are having an issue with your HP Pavilion g6-1220sd Notebook and recovering to Windows 7. You will need to use the Recovery Disks you created when the Notebook was new.

HP Recovery Manager can be accessed from the Start Menu, or by tapping F11 key as soon as you power on the laptop.
Recovery Manager is used to reinstall back to factory. This link shows you how.

Let me know how it goes.

Click the Thumbs up below is a great way to say thanks!   :generic:

Thanks.

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom left to say “Thanks” for helping.:smileyhappy:

I work on behalf of HP
HP Recommended
Hi,

After triying to go back to windows 7 my notebook stopt working it wouldnt boot is set,

an operating system wasn't found try disconnecting any drives that dont contain an operating system.

I tride F11 but notting happand it just frosse.

So i didt a hard drive test and is was faild so i put up a old hard drive from my old notebook and my note book bootted instatlly. After that i downloaded windows 7 and installed.

Wat to understand now is dat after all this i have no backup orso i have no recovery disk and the recovery manager was on the hard drive from my hp notebook. I have notting

Finaly i accomplissed to fix the note book with my old hard drive and a downloaded windows 7 ultra 32bit.

But now the windows updata is not working properly it keeps loading and searching, i tride affriting.
HP Recommended

Hi @vehbi,

You could try using the Windows Update Troubleshooting toolto fix any updates that have not come through for Windows.  
This is a download that will run a check on your system and usually repair it.

Let me know how it goes.

Don't forget the Thumbs up just to say thanks !

Thanks.

I work on behalf of HP
HP Recommended

vehbi

Regarding Windows Update appearing to NOT work in Windows 7 ...

I continue to support a bunch of Win7 PCs, some of which were rolled back from Win10 because the owners disliked Win10 so much.

But, I have noticed that recently, Windows Update has been performing really slowly on ALL these machines.

The symptoms are that it searches for HOURS -- and does not appear to make any progress!

OR .. it finds stuff, but then goes into downloading for HOURS ... and does not appear to make any progress!

It's as if MS is forcing Windows Update on older PCs to behave badly to pressure us ALL into upgrading to Win10.  Now, they wouldn't do that, would they!!

Anyway,  check for a Windows\SoftwareDistribution\Downloads\ folder.  This is where Windows Updates stores the updates it downloads and its working files.  IF it exists, Windows Update is working -- even though you see no progress.  Over time, the folder will grow until all the Updates have been downloaded.  Then, it will shrink as the Updates get applied.  When done, Windows should remove it. If it does not, you can remove the contents of that folder, but do not remove the folder itself.

And yes ... updates are taking hours (or days!) when they used to take only a few minutes.

So basically, there is nothing wrong with your PC.  This is MS making our lives miserable because they are trying to force all of us into upgrading to Win10 -- even if we don't want it!

========================================================================
I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor do I represent, HP.
---------------------------------------------------------------
If my posts helped you, please click the Thumbs-Up symbol on the left of the Reply button to say thanks.
If my posts solved your problem please click "Accept As Solution" -- to help others find the solution.
========================================================================

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
HP Recommended
I did this but it wont work windows updata stil keeps searching for downloads thats is noting happend.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.