Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

Hello All.

Here is the simple solution for a case like mine: HP Pavilion dv6 Notebook PC.

After installing and executing sp63224.exe with Authentec simple pass screens, which was unsuccesful, I tried sp66143.exe. However, this program recommended to uninstall Authentec.

Well, I got the idea to completely uninstall simple pass by means of revo-uninstaller. Hereafter I composed a finger print in Windows Hello, and guess what, the system works at once.

So, very simple for my case: use Windows Hello, instead of sticking to HP simple pass.

Success to all of you who have struggled for so long.

HP Recommended

Hi,  I have an HP Envy dv7 that was recently upgraded to Windows 10.  The fingerprint scanner stopped working.  I uninstalled it and tried installing the fix mentioned in the dicussion board.  However, everytime I tried to install it, it says that the Authen Tec fingerprint scanner is still installed.  I've searched for it  and couldn't find it, I've rebooted my computer and it didn't help.  No matter what I try, I can't install the new one now. 

I also have a second problem that I have been unable to fix, not sure if you can help.  The cursor often freezes for 2-5 seconds  when I am trying to move it around.  That started right after I upgraded to Windows 10 as well.

HP Recommended

Hello Noelle01.

Authentec probably is embedded in the simple pass execution file sp63224.exe. In my case it appeared to be so.

What I recommend is:

• download and install revo-uninstaller;
  • uninstall all simple pass software by means of revo-uninstaller;
  • compose a finger print in Windows Hello; to that end you first have to give 4-digit pincode in the settings;
  • eventually reboot your computer.

For your second problem, you may have to look for an appropriate setting of the cursor.

Good luck.

HP Recommended

How am I supposed to install drivers onto a computer that I can't get into? How am I supposed to download them onto the computer?? This is like telling someone who is locked out of their house to go inside and get the key.

HP Recommended

Thank you!

HP Recommended

Hi,

I followed the instructions of installing the validity sensor driver and reboot, then install the simple pass for windows 10 and reboot. I still do not have the sensor working. In device manager, the hardware details say that the device is working properly and identify the port/hub on which it is installed, so I have no doubt that the hardware is ok.

Is there another application that needs to be installed? On Win 8.1, there was a small app running in the taskbar that could be used to register finger prints, I do not see that here in windows 10.

Any help on this will be appreciated.

Regards,

Muddassir

HP Recommended

I went through this rigamarole, too. Told to wipe my laptop clean and reinstall everything and might not recover it all. Took hours to download what Microsoft said to download using another computer, and still didn't work. I could not get into my laptop at all because I had no password or at least not one i could recall, and the SimplePass didn't work.

Took it to Best Buy and told the Geek Squad guy there what was happening and before I could finish he smiled and said that they do this a lot and not to worry, I wouldn't lose a thing. He took the notebook in the back and less than 15 minutes later brought it back and it let me reset a password and I was in! Don't know what he did, but I could have saved myself a lot of aggravation, time, and grief if I had just gone to them in the first place. Cost about $25 if I remember right, certainly a lot less than what my time is worth that I had already wasted.

I know a lot of people look down on Geek Squad, but if they can solve this in no time very easily, they are worth going to for this problem, anyway.

HP Recommended

Glad they got it working for you.  My fingerprint reader has never worked right.  I just don't use it anymore.  My Elitebook is getting a bit tired now and HP hasn't updated any of the drivers for Windows 10.   I guess they are only interested in selling new laptops now. 

HP Recommended

That's the reason why I uninstalled the simple pass software, and use Windows Hello in Windows 10. No problems anymore with my fingerprint reader.

It should be noted, that either Windows Hello or HP Simple Pass can run in Windows 10. So, my experience with Windows Hello is supreme. For my pass words I use Last Pass Vault, which can be double secured with a second pinnumber generated with Google Generator.

It's worth to try not to stick to HP Simple Pass.

Success wished to whom it may concern.

HP Recommended

Sounds like the perfect idea, thanks!

@PuffDaddy wrote:

That's the reason why I uninstalled the simple pass software, and use Windows Hello in Windows 10. No problems anymore with my fingerprint reader.

It should be noted, that either Windows Hello or HP Simple Pass can run in Windows 10. So, my experience with Windows Hello is supreme. For my pass words I use Last Pass Vault, which can be double secured with a second pinnumber generated with Google Generator.

It's worth to try not to stick to HP Simple Pass.

Success wished to whom it may concern.

Thanks, sounds like the perfect idea!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.