Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

first of all i wana say thanks for everything your doing here....

and now for the rest... iv'e done everything from the Uninstall from the right link (the one from your post on Windows7 Upgrade Guide for dv6000/dv9000 models) then did as it say here at the top and still not  working... so....

1. my p/n   GT486EA#ABT

2. iv'e got windows firewall on (windows 7)

3. DigitalPersona from here (the one you posted up here)

4. driver version 8.5.0.251 (again from the link in here)

5. Hardware Ids:     

USB\VID_08FF&PID_2580&REV_0623

USB\VID_08FF&PID_2580
and again thanks for all... did everything like you said hope now i will be able to make it work...  

im working on windows 7 ultimate 64bit

HP Recommended

@Pukter

We've got the same fingerprint model AES2501A.

It's working on my model so it should be working for You without any problems.

I've checked fingerpint driver and I may confirm then Your hardware id is listed there too.

There are 3 possibilities:

•  You may need to erase old drivers from below path:

C:\Windows\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository

Write me or show me what kind of folders You've got there.

•  Your fingerpint is corrupted
  •  Your are doing something wrong
** Say thanks by clicking the "Thumb up" icon below. **

** Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with "Accept as Solution" if it solves your issue. **
HP Recommended
Hello Daniel,

I am having the exact same issue as Pukter.  I have a HP Pavilion DV6700 (P/N GP238AV) and recently upgraded from Windows Vista Ultimate 64-bit to Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit.  I did a clean install and not an upgrade.  When installing Windows 7, it automatically installed the AuthenTec driver and also a AuthenTec Fingerprint Management Suite which I found to be worthless.  Hence, I wanted to go back to using Digital Persona and found your post. (Thank you for taking the time to post it).

I followed your steps, but Windows 7 does not seem to recognize the finger print reader when using Driver 8.5.0.251.  Actually, "Device Manager" shows a successful installation of the AuthenTec Driver 8.5.0.251, but the "Biometric Devices" section under "Hardware and Sound" in Control Panel says, "Windows did not find any biometric devices on this computer.  You might need to attach your device or install device driver."  But "Device Manager" shows no problem and shows AuthenTec Inc. AES2501A under Biometric Devices.

Here are a few screen dumps that I hope will help you identify a possible problem.  I am not sure what to look for in C:\Windows\System32\DRVSTORE so I am just showing the first screen of the directories.  If you let me know what I should look for, I can provide this information.

Thank you for your help.
I am sorry, but I have been trying to figure out how to insert an image in this post for the past 30 minutes.  When I press the button with the "tree" in the toolbar, the only option I receive is to insert an image from a url.  If you could kindly tell me how to insert images in a post, I can show you the results I am getting on my laptop.
Thank you again.
HP Recommended

@Nawaab

Hi,

@Nawaab wrote:
If you could kindly tell me how to insert images in a post, I can show you the results I am getting on my laptop.
Thank you again.

Check below guide:

How to take and post a screenshot on HP costumer Support Forum

** Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with "Accept as Solution" if it solves your issue. **
HP Recommended

Hello Daniel,

Thanks for the instructions on how to insert images into a post.  Please find below the images per my previous e-mail.

Thank you.

Nawaab

Device Manager & Biometric Device Screen Dump:

Device Manager & Biometric Device Screen Dump

C:\Windows\System32\DriverStore:

Capture02

C:\Windows\System32\DriverStore\en-US:

Capture03

C:\Windows\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository:

Capture04

C:\Windows\System32\DriverStore\Temp:

Capture05

HP Recommended

Hello Daniel,

I am attaching a more detailed screen dump from the Device Manager.

Device Manager & Biometric Device Screen Dump:

Capture06

HP Recommended

GOT IT!!  YEAH!  Victory at last.  Thanks for the help and support.

HP Recommended

Johnb566,

Any advice on how you finally got it to work?

HP Recommended

D Register a website on the DigitalPersona Personal software

In the below example we will use the YouTube sign in page.

When this Logo01.pngicon will appear on any website it means that login and password information for it was not registred by the DigitalPersona software.

Click once this Logo02.png symbol (upper left part of the website)

DigitalPersonaFirefox01.png

and choose from the list ' Add New Account for ...... '.

DigitalPersonaFirefox02.png

The ' Add New Account ' window will appear.

DigitalPersonaFirefox03.png

Enter your login name and password. When you will do this choose ' OK '.

DigitalPersonaFirefox04.png

Enroll the fingerprint.

DigitalPersonaFirefox05.png

After this you'll be logged into your YouTube account.

Next time when you woll enter the YouTube sing up website you will see this time new symbol Logo03.png.

It will always give you information that the current website was already registered by DigitalPersona, so to log in you only need to enroll the fingerprint.

DigitalPersonaFirefox07.png

HP Recommended

E Manage registered accounts

Double-clik the DigitalPersona icon on the system tray.

4.11 fingerprint recognized.png

The DigitalPersona window will appear. Enroll the fingerprint.

DigitalPersonaAccount01.png

Choose ' Online Accounts ' or ' Manage passwords '.

DigitalPersonaAccount02.png

Under ' Your Online Accounts ' are listed all the registered information.

Click on ' Manage ' tab.

DigitalPersonaAccount03.png

Here you may manually:

• ' Add ' the new online account;
  • ' Edit ' or ' Delete ' the existing online account.

DigitalPersonaAccount04.png

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.