11-03-2011 01:26 PM
I have a HP Pavilion g series - Windows 7 - 64 bit
The F4 function key does not work in (2010 excel 64 bit).
This question was solved. View Solution.
11-03-2011 01:32 PM
It may be worth changing the setting for the fn key in the bios as shown in the link below to see if this has an effect on the f4 key in Excel.
****Click the White thumb to say thanks****
****Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem****
****I don't work for HP****
Microsoft MVP - Microsoft Windows Expert - Consumer
02-08-2012 01:25 PM
F4 key not allowing the $'s to be added in creating absolute and mixed references. DP-K answer seems to involve whether or not a user has changed the bios to allow or disallow the need for fn key.
Any other suggestions? It seems to be an HP issue in some laptops.
11-14-2012 08:55 AM
- Performing an HP System Recovery (Windows 8)
- Performing an HP system recovery (Windows 7)
- Troubleshooting HP System Recovery Problems (Windows 8)
- Read this before ordering your Recovery Discs! (US and Canada Only)
- Using Recovery Manager to Restore Software and Drivers (Windows 8)
- Using Recovery Manager to Restore Software and Drivers (Windows 7)