Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

Thank you very much for this information! I did install just two of the drivers from the chipset utilitys. The second driver was for the bios upgrade. So i upgrade the Bios to F08 and now the touchpad is working!

Thanks!

HP Recommended

Hello,

I figured out how to solve my problem.

The computer originally came with Windows 8.1, but when I reformatted it I was installing Windows 8, that's the reason I couldn't install most of the drivers from the driver page.

Solution:

If you are installing Windows 8.1 jumpt to step 3

1. When installing W8, do all the updates first (except the updates for hardware) so that you can upgrade to W8.1

2. Upgrade to W8.1

3. Download ALL the updates from the driver webpage, and install the ones for Chipset first; make sure to restart everytime you install a driver, even if it's not required.

4. Install the touchpad driver now, and the rest of the drivers.

That solved my problem, hope it works for more people too 🙂

HP Recommended

@seekellyrun wrote:

Sorry if I’m bumping a mostly dead thread but it looks like I’ve found a solution.  

Background info:
I have an HP Stream 11 that came preloaded with Windows 8.1 with bing.  We’re using them within a company so they need to be put on a domain (which 8.1 doesn’t support).  So after upgrading it to 8.1 Pro I ran into the same issue with the touchpad not working.

Solution:
On HP’s site, be sure to select the correct model number of your machine.  For instance, I have the HP Stream 11 and the model is 11-d010nr.  Also ensure that you download and install *all* of the chipset drivers.  This includes Intel’s chipset utility, sideband fabric device driver, serial IO, trusted execution engine, etc.  They’re all listed under the chipset category once you select your model.

Link to drivers for HP Stream 11-d010nr:
http://support.hp.com/us-en/product/HP-Stream-11-Notebook-PC/7372144/model/7538969/drivers

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

That is the solution of solutions. Quick and easy too!

HP Recommended

@seekellyrun wrote:

Sorry if I’m bumping a mostly dead thread...

Thanks, installing all of the intel chipset stuff made the touchpad work. Hooray!

HP Recommended

The complete solution of touchpad not working in Hp stream of any size.

http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp69001-69500/sp69101.exe

Initially i update all drivers read all forums everything but no result obtain. Then installed earlier

version of synaptic still no result. Finally i installed this download and now its working.

Happy!!!

HP Recommended

Thanks Fusionpk,,,,,,,,,It wrked!! I was scratching my head on this one.......

HP Recommended

I had to disable a SMBus device under System Devices in Device Manager after installing the chipset I.O driver -- then after a reboot, Synaptics HID Device and Synaptics HID TouchPad showed up and was good to go

HP Stream 11 is my machine

HP Recommended

got a hp stream d010na and my installed windows 8, my touchpad is not responding, need help please, please specify the driver needed and the operating sytem that can run the drivers, thnx

HP Recommended

which opperating were you using when you installed drivers from the link you posted.

HP Recommended

You have to install one (first) or both of these drivers:

- Intel Serial IO Driver without Connected Standby Support 603.9600.1948.29470 Rev.A 1.6 MB

HP Stream 11-d020nr Windows 8.1 x64 (64-bit)
(Download)

- Synaptics Touchpad Driver 18.1.29.0 Rev.A 77.7 MB

HP Stream 11-d020nr Windows 8.1 x64 (64-bit)
(Download)

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.