Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

OK folks. Tried roll back again. Didn't get version compatability error yet.  Saved the double tap to turn off touch pad setting through two reboots. How do I stop auto driver update? Can it be set to only not update the touchpad driver?

HP Recommended

The only way to prevent an automatic driver update is to follow the instructions (mentioned in a previous post also) here:

http://www.howtogeek.com/223864/how-to-uninstall-and-block-updates-and-drivers-on-windows-10/

This lets you hide the driver udate so it isn't updated, if I understand it correctly.

Donald

HP Recommended

My grandaughters V6 wouldn't take taps after installing win 10. I tried everything then on a whim I uninstalled the touchpad then restarted the laptop and it reloaded the driver and worked just fine. Overthought that a lot !!!

HP Recommended

Hi,

Thank you for solid solution.

I was going through with same issue and was in search of a solution.

The below provided steps worked very well now my touch pad of HP is working perfectly with tapping.

Re: Synatics Touchpad V7.5 settings not saving after Windows 10 update.

ok, after one million restarts of my laptop, I have finally worked out how to resolve this issue!

1. Ensure your automatic updates settings are so that the subsequent steps arent completed in vain
  2. Go to Device Manager (use Cortana search box to find it, if you like)
  3. Select "Mice and other pointing devices"
  4. open the Synaptics SMBus Touchpad dialogue box
  5. click Update Driver
  6. click Browse my computer for driver software
  7. click Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer
  8. select and install Synaptics SMBus Touchpad version 18.1.48.59 [26/03/2015]
  9. don't forget about those pesky automatic updates
  10. restart computer
  11. set Synaptics options, test, restart computer test again

I hope this works for you guys! 

Best regards

Mohd Gaus1

Dubai UAE

@davevidduong wrote:

After I updated to Windows 10 it seems that all dirvers were updated as well. Now the settings won't save everytime I shut down my laptop. Can someone help me with this please?

HP Recommended

It seems that one solution doesn't work for everyone. Several of us found a solution but it didn;t wrk for others. The last solution posted here is similar to what I did but to get two-finger scrolling to NOT work in reverse I had to manually set a registry key so that it stayed off after restarting. Before the registry hack I had the touchpad working but it would always start in reverse scroll mode until I changed it in the settings. Then, after a restart, it was back to reverse scrolling again.

Donald

HP Recommended

Hi guys

My problem is solved.:smileyvery-happy:
There is a workaround for this issue. I dont know this workaround is mentioned in this thread or not but I explain it.

Open up regedit.exe

Navigate to:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Synaptics\SynTP\Install

Note this is LOCAL MACHINE, not CURRENT USER.

Look for a key in that Install folder called DeleteUserSettingsOnUpgrade

Double click and change the value to 0

Now go back to the Synaptics control panel, set everything how you like, and reboot.  See if it holds.  It is holding on mine, still have to test on another computer.

This the source.

With regards

HP Recommended

Thank You, Thank You, Thank You.  This fix worked, all my settings were saved.  Tested it several times.  I am now happily scrolling as I wanted.

Best Regards..........Ralph

HP Recommended

Your welcome!:smileytongue: I am happy too.:smileyhappy:

HP Recommended

Thank you for this work around its been driving me to drink almost, how you chaps can work this all out is fantastic to me now it s up to microsoft , hp ,and synatics to get togeather and do it properly,

Yea!! :generic:

HP Recommended

Having this problem again, so annoying. It doesn't save settings after restarting. Help

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.