Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Glad it worked out for you!!!   :OpenSmile:

I know it can be a pain to keep all these hp drivers/software versions sorted out so I'm glad something worked for you .. though we all know it only takes another Windows update to make things wonky again ... I both love and dread Microsoft update Tuesdays   lol  :LaughingTears:

HP Recommended
Superb job. Try to share this 🙂
HP Recommended

This solution has not worked for me. I have tried uninstalling the Validity software driver, SimplePass and uninstalled unknown devices through Device Manager. Still no luck getting the fingerprint sensor to fire up.

HP Recommended

atifjan

HP Recommended

Agree. This is the 3rd and maybe final HP product for me. At each Windows update something does not work. Spent multiple hours and forum suggestions without any success; finger print scaner inopperable since W.8.1 update.  Last update disable volumn control fixed with recent HP update.  HP PLEASE PRACTICE SOME CUSTOMER SERVICE AND DO NOT RELY ON YOUR CUSTOMERS TO FIX YOUR ISSUES.  

HP Recommended

After trying over a year....finaly your Solution works on my Elitebook 8460p, THANK 🙂

HP Recommended

hy dear, 

imy product id is  KS066UT#ABA
windows install Authentic automatically, but after installation the device do not respond.

please give me an officially announced driver of fingureprint sensor for my device.

thanks.....................

HP Recommended

If you're connected to the internet;
1. Launch Device Manager.
2. Select Biometric Devices.
3. Right click on the Validity Sensors & select "Uninstall"
4. Make sure you check the "Delete the driver software for this device" before you uninstall.
5. Click the "Scan for hardware changes" to refresh the Device Manager.
6. Click the "Other Device" and select the "Unknown Device"
7. Click on "Update Driver Software" and opt for the first option (online update)
8. Restart the system after the update.
NOTE: This fix also works for Windows 10 Technical Preview

HP Recommended

A simple solution without having to restart the PC:

1- Go to device manager .

2- In "Biometric devices" Right click on "Validity Sensors"

3- Click on Disable

4- Click on Enable

That's it!!!

Enjoy...

HP Recommended

Thank you so much @kidbarron! It worked for me!:smileyhappy:

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.