Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I installed the Nvidia chipset and it worked without having to reboot. However, when I did reboot, Windows would not launch and I had to use System Restore. It restored to a point before the installation. Why would my computer accept the program and then reject it upon attempting to start back up?

DJ Wysocki (www.djwysocki.com)
HP Recommended

@DJJarak

Hi,

1. Please write your notebook product number (p/n).

Resource:

How to Locate the Notebook product number (p/n)

2. Which driver are you using to solve this problem? Please post link to this file.

** Say thanks by clicking the "Thumb up" icon below. **

** Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with "Accept as Solution" if it solves your issue. **
HP Recommended

I'm having a problem i hope someone can help me with. I upgraded my HP DV6934ca to windows 7 and its having some problems running SOME dvds (but not all weirdly enough).

I've tried upgrading the chipsets from intels website numerous times from the links recomended in the first post, but to no success.

When my computer crashes, I get a message saying the Intel Media Graphics Accelerator (for vista) has stopped working, followed by a blus screen.

Why is it that no matter how many times I try to upgrade the driver (through device manager or through the intel download) that it's still using the Vista Drivers?

Any response is greatly appreciated.

EDIT:

P/N: FE840UA#ABC

HP Recommended

@CodyMal

Hi,

Check the link below:

Blue Screen (BSOD) showed up? Check this topic.

** Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with "Accept as Solution" if it solves your issue. **
HP Recommended

http://www.mediafire.com/?mix3alel8dxkv2p

There is the link to my minidump folder as requested.

HP Recommended

I have a dv9700 (GT811AV) with Windows 7 Professional 64-bit running.  All drivers, etc are fine, except the darn QuickTouch buttons!!  All except the volume slider light up blue, but don't react to touch.  The odd thing is that all the functions on the remote work.  With the remote I can adjust volume and mute/unmute (show's the correct orange/blue).  Can anyone help me out with the proper files and installation order for the QuickTouch buttons to work.  I don't really care about the QuickPlay software itself, just the touch button functionality.  Thanks!

HP Recommended

@CodyMal

Hi,

Try to install Intel drivers by using The Intel® Driver Update Utility.

HP Recommended

@BillClark22

Hi,

Perform a Hard Reset
1. Disconnect all peripheral devices and remove all USB devices and media cards.
2. Disconnect the AC power adapter, remove the battery, and then press and hold the power button for at least 1minute.
3. Reconnect the AC power adapter (do not connect the battery), press the Power button and check is your problem solved or not.

HP Recommended

That worked....now explain WHY that worked?  What is that "hard reset" doing?  Does it just drain any and all power from the board and/or chips?  Curious.....  Thanks for your help and great guide!!

HP Recommended

After installing Windows 7 on HP Pavillion dv 9925 nr (dv 9700 series) microphone didn't work. Installing different audio drivers didn't help. The problem was solved by Windows Update (You need to choose updates from OPTIONAL UPDATES!!!).

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.