Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

@BillClark22

Hi again,

Hard reset removes static charges.

** Say thanks by clicking the "Thumb up" icon below. **

** Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with "Accept as Solution" if it solves your issue. **
HP Recommended

@TimFromKharkov

Hi,

Thank you for sharing with us this information.

** Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with "Accept as Solution" if it solves your issue. **
HP Recommended

hi daniel great bit you posted help me tons...

2 issues remain tho. I am doing a fresh instal on a dv6735en.

I tried both drivers for the Geforce 8400m gs you spoke of to no avail. I dont get the output to the second display 

the only one that worked on vista was 8.16.11.8766(2009-10-03) but it doesnt wanna work on Windows 7.

Second, the lightscribe dvd drive TS L634N ATA  still has the '?' on it. The one that worked on vista was 6.1.7601.17514 but i cant find it to use. I am still tinkering but please help

Thanks in advance

HP Recommended

correction ....on the dvd drive it shows a '!' in triangle and not a '?'

HP Recommended

problem with my windows internet explorer

HP Recommended

have u tried to update ur BIOs? i upgraded my laptop from 2 GB to 4 . when i did..i ran into the same issue. i was advised i had to update the BIO. hope this helps u.

HP Recommended

Mylaptop  model is DV 6335ca. I upgraded to Win 7 64bit from vista 32bit and also from 1GB RAM to 4 GB RAM. I also updated the Bios but still same issue. Please help

HP Recommended

what about  drivers remote control dv6000/dv9000 models

HP Recommended

They are included in HP Quick Launch Buttons software.

HP Recommended

Thank you for providing this information. I signed up here just to click on your Kudos.

I'm just wondering, do I really need to install the Nvidia graphic drivers? Because I can't  really install all of them (I already did the safe mode and clean with drive sweeper). It always gives a message that it "cannot find compatible graphics hardware".

My laptop model: HP Pavilion dv6604cl

My p/n: GS805UA#ABA 

I already tried all of this drivers: (and tried to run them in both Microsoft Vista, Vista SP1 and Vista SP2 compatibility mode)

~ NVIDIA GeForce 8400M/8600M GS Video Driver:

* 7.15.11.7432 A (Current)

* 7.15.11.5665 A

* 7.15.11.145 A

* 7.15.11.134 A

~ 197.16_notebook_winvista_win7_32bit_international_whql

~ 267.76_notebook_win7_32bit_international_whql

But when I started to use Adobe Photoshop CS3, it started getting laggy and started asking for some scratch disk which I have never encountered with my old laptop OS (Vista Home Edition). But since I need to reformat my laptop, I decided to install windows 7. Do I really need to go back to vista?

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.