Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

Some help would be appreciated

HP Recommended

How do I change keyboard to just English

HP Recommended

Is there anyone who can help me?

HP Recommended
Is anybody out there?
HP Recommended

Hi There! 🙂

I had, and continue to have the same problem, but at least I know what's causing it and how to correct it on my P.C.

Hopefully the same thing will work for you...

What toggles the keyboard to the French setting is the combination of hitting CTRL and then hitting Shift while CTRL is still pressed.

Doing the combination two subsequent times (Press and hold CTRL, then press Shift) will bring it back to standard English.

At least it does for me.

Good Luck! 🙂

HP Recommended

Thanks for your reply. Unfortunately, changing the language doesn't make the keyboard work the way I want it to. I want the keyboard to be in English, but I want to be able to access shortcuts to the foreign language letters as I have described in my earlier posts. I tried changing the language to French, but then when I type ' I get the letter 

ú, and when I type [ the $ comes up and so on. I want the foreign language letters WITHOUT all the characters changing their position on the keyboard. I know this is possible because I've had it before; I just can't figure out how the setting got changed and how to change it back.

HP Recommended

Forgive me for asking what might be a stupid question, but have you tried searching this on Google?

I only ask because when I was having issues with my keyboard settings, I came straight to the "horse's mouth" (the HP site) as it were, and because I so expected to find it here, I failed to look elsewhere.

Elsewhere is where I ultimately found my answer...

Perhaps I should have used another portion of the horse's anatomy when referring to this site.....

HP Recommended

Omg I finally found the answer!

I contacted HP tech support by telephone and they provided me the following links:

http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/word-help/keyboard-shortcuts-for-international-characters-HP005186...

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/Search/Search?SearchTerm=how+to+enable+to+short+cut+using+special...

From the second link, I was able to find the following document:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/306560

Which describes the exact layout that I wanted. So to get the foreign language characters (e.g. ' and e = é) the default language (in Region and Language in control panel) needs to be changed to English (US) - United States-International. If you don't want the foreign language characters (e.g. ' and e = 'e) then the default language needs to be English (US) - US.

I think my settings got changed when I told Microsoft Word to make the default language English (Australia) so then I just needed to change the default language in Region and Language to English (Australia) - United States-International rather than English (Australia) - US.

HP Recommended

what  is wrong with my keyboardÉ  No question marks and other {Content Removed} garbage symbols.

HP Recommended

go to control panel change language setting to english india and my question mark now works instead of eeeEEE on my keyboard

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.