Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Spectre x360 16 inch 2-in-1 Laptop PC 16-aa0000 (7M3L5AV)
Microsoft Windows 11

It's been 5 years since this questions was first asked in this community, but apparently the issue is STILL not solved. 😞

I have Windows 11 in Dutch. However, the HP Command Center app shows only th bottom 2 tabs in Dutch, but the upper 2 tabs are in Norwegian (GlamCam and  Network Booster).

Remove, reboot, reinstall did not help.

I found a workaround, which involves setting English as preferred language in Windows Settings. See below screenshot: then the Command center will be displayed in English. (Reboot not even needed).

This solution is not ideal, of course, because I would like to keep Dutch as my preferred language.

Joris76_1-1715606108975.png

It's sad that this issue has been around for so long and it still not solved. Hopefully we don't have to wait 5 more years...

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Hi @Joris76,

Welcome to the HP Support Community.

Thank you for posting your query, I will be glad to assist you.

I see that you are facing an issue with the language on your HP smart app.

I am sorry for the inconvenience and the trouble you had to go through.

The language used for HP Smart is controlled by Windows.

There is apparently no separate method to control the app language.

The language of the HP Smart app depends on the preferred language of your Windows device. If you have multiple languages set, the app is displayed in the first language in the list.

Please mark this post as “Accepted Solution” if the issue is resolved and if you feel this reply was helpful click “Yes”.

I hope this helps.

Take care and have a great day ahead!

Irwin6

HP Support

Irwin6
I am an HP Employee

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the Thumbs up" button!

HP Recommended

Hi Irwin,

thanks for your reply. However, it seems you did not really read my question:

- it is about HP Command Center, not HP Smart App

- the problem is that HP command center shows 2 languages at the same time. My preferred language is Dutch, but the app shows only the bottom 2 tabs in Dutch, but the upper 2 tabs are in Norwegian (GlamCam and  Network Booster).

See screenshot below

Screenshot.jpg

HP Recommended

Hi @Joris76,

I am sorry for the previous information shared as it was not related to your issue.

However, It is currently not possible to change the language displayed within the Command Center as it is not linked to language settings set in Social Studio. As a workaround you can use the custom headers as a way of adding native language to the screens; however, there is no way to have the navigation (settings, menus, etc.)

I hope this helps.

Irwin6

HP Support

Irwin6
I am an HP Employee

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the Thumbs up" button!

HP Recommended

Hi Irwin and thanks for your reply.

I don’t really see how I could add custom headers, as you suggest, or how that would help with my problem. 

There is simply a bug in the HP Command center, which causes it to be shown partly in Dutch and partly in Norwegian. A solution would be to fix the bug, or ask your translator to fix the Dutch version. Would be great if you could set that process in motion. Especially since this issue seens to be around since 2019 already…

HP Recommended

Hi @Joris76,

I am sorry to hear that the above steps did not help much but i do appreciate your efforts in performing the troubleshooting steps.

We will keep the concerned team informed about the issue you are facing with the HP command center and keep you posted if there is a fix for it.

Irwin6

HP Support

Irwin6
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thank you! Looking forward to a solution

HP Recommended

Hi @Joris76,

I appreciate your efforts in contacting HP support community and If you need assistance in the future, feel free to reach out to us.

Irwin6

HP Support

Irwin6
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.