Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP G72-250US
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I would like to increase my dedicated video memory, but i cannot seem to get into the Bios area to increase it. please help.

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@Kashiffc154

Thank you for posting on HP Forums,
The Riddle_Decipher is at your service.

As I Understand you want to know the advanced options on BIOS,

Here's a link to access an online BIOS simulator that should show you the available options on your PC: Click here

Please be aware that certain advanced options are locked by HP,

As changing them would void the warranty or cause damage to the computer settings.

For further assistance, please reply with the product number of your PC.

If I have helped you resolve the issue, feel free to give me a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, 

Followed by clicking on "Accept as solution" from the drop-down menu on the upper right corner,

Thank you for posting in the HP Support Forum.  Have a great day!

Regards,

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended
Hi, my warranty is up years ago, plus I'm not in the US so I cannot send it to be fixed by any HP select stores, so I would like to have it unlocked, technically I take full responsibility if it does get damaged.so please help
HP Recommended

Hi@Kashiffc154,

Thanks for the response.

The BIOS you have on your PC is a tattooed BIOS which has been designed in the best interest of obtaining the optimal performance of the hardware configuration of the PC.

HP doesn’t have any such applications/settings in BIOS to enhance the performance of the PC. If you still wish to find a way to change the BIOS settings, it’s your sole discretion

HP Doesn't recommend any upgrade/downgrade of any hardware/software parts or software that is bundled with the product. It may affect the manufacturer's warranty.

Hope the information shared will help you. Please share for more.

Resolv_S

Glad to help you. I work for HP

Please click Accept as Solution if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the Kudos Thumbs Up" to say “Thanks” for helping!

"HP respects and is committed to protecting the personal information of our covered individuals." You can read more in the HP Privacy Statement.

Resolv_S
I work on behalf of HP

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the Thumbs up" button!

HP Recommended
So your saying I am not going to get help to unlock my BIOS from you guys.
HP Recommended

Hi@Kashiffc154,

Thanks for the response.

You will be able to get the BIOS versions designed by HP specific for your PC.

But not the one from Manufacturer of the hardware component (motherboard).

Hope the information shared will help you. Please share for more.

Resolv_S

Glad to help you. I work for HP

Please click Accept as Solution if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the Kudos Thumbs Up" to say “Thanks” for helping!

"HP respects and is committed to protecting the personal information of our covered individuals." You can read more in the HP Privacy Statement.

Note: HP Doesn't recommend any upgrade/downgrade of any hardware/software parts or software that is bundled with the product. It may affect the manufacturer's warranty.

Resolv_S
I work on behalf of HP

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the Thumbs up" button!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.