Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion DV4
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello,

I have an HP Pavilion dv4 that I have put windows 10 on.  Everything is working and going great considering how old this laptop is.   But I do have four drivers that I am not sure to what they are. Also one drivers to my USB might need an update cause periodically my mouse disconnects for just a second and then it will reconnect and continue to work.  This is the only issue I am having but I would like to get the other four drivers installed and maybe the rest updated if they need to be.  I would think windows 10 would have the rest of them updated or it would show if they were not but being so old I am unaware if it would detect them.

Either way any information on what I could do to get this fixed would be greatfully appricated!

Here is what I have....

1.  Base System Device

PCI\VEN_197B&DEV_2383&SUBSYS_30F7103C&REV_00
PCI\VEN_197B&DEV_2383&SUBSYS_30F7103C
PCI\VEN_197B&DEV_2383&CC_088000
PCI\VEN_197B&DEV_2383&CC_0880

2. Base System Device

PCI\VEN_197B&DEV_2384&SUBSYS_30F7103C&REV_00
PCI\VEN_197B&DEV_2384&SUBSYS_30F7103C
PCI\VEN_197B&DEV_2384&CC_088000
PCI\VEN_197B&DEV_2384&CC_0880

3.  Base System Device

PCI\VEN_197B&DEV_2382&SUBSYS_30F7103C&REV_00
PCI\VEN_197B&DEV_2382&SUBSYS_30F7103C
PCI\VEN_197B&DEV_2382&CC_088000
PCI\VEN_197B&DEV_2382&CC_0880

And...

4.  Unknown Device

ACPI\VEN_HPQ&DEV_0004
ACPI\HPQ0004
*HPQ0004

Once again thank you for your help!!!!

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hello @Leavii,

Welcome to the HP Forums, I hope you enjoy your experience! To help you get the most out of the HP Forums, I would like to direct your attention to the HP Forums Guide First Time Here? Learn How to Post and More.

I read your post about the driver issue, and wanted to assist you!  I understand that you are looking for driver updates, for Windows 10.

To start, can you provide me with the Product Number of the notebook?  Here is a link you can use that will help you find your Model and Product Number: HP Customer Support - Products

In the meantime, it is likely that drivers for your product are not available on the HP site, and is being pushed through the Windows Update.  So you can try that first, to check for drivers that will work with Windows 10.  You can check this site as well: 

HP Products - Where Do I Find Windows 10 Drivers and Software for My Model?

If you are having trouble installing the drivers, you can use the tool at the following site: 

Open the Windows Update troubleshooter

It is possible that drivers may not be available for your product.  If that is the case, or the drivers you found are not working, try using the solutions on this site as a workaround, and let me know how it goes: How to: Install and Update drivers in Windows 10

Please let me know if this information helps you resolve the issue by marking this post as "Accept as Solution", this will help others easily find the information they may be looking for.  Also, clicking the Thumbs up below is a great way to say thanks!

Have a great day!

SDF15
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution.
Click the Thumbs Up to say “Thanks” for helping!
HP Recommended

Thank you for the information!  My computers product number is...

nb071ua#aba

HP Pavilion dv4-1287cl Entertainment Notebook PC

I have also already ran Windows Update and went in and right-clicked and selected update driver to each driver in my device manager.   And I installed the driver chipset as well.  Everything seems to be working correctly and I havent had the mouse disconnect  like it was doing before but I have not been using this laptop too much today.  I was just curious to what these four drivers could be and what I need to download to get them installed. 

Once again thank you for the assistance!!!!

HP Recommended

Hello @Leavii,

Thank you for the information!

I am happy to hear that things are working so far.  Based on the information provided, there are no Windows 10 drivers available for your notebook, on the HP site.  This may be the reason why you are having some issues.  With that being said, I am unable to determine which drivers you may need to update.  It seems that your best option, would be to continue utilizing the Windows Update, for driver updates.  I hope this helps.

Please let me know if this information helps you resolve the issue by marking this post as "Accept as Solution", this will help others easily find the information they may be looking for.  Also, clicking the Thumbs up below is a great way to say thanks!

Regards!

SDF15
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution.
Click the Thumbs Up to say “Thanks” for helping!
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.