Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Pavillion x2
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

When I first set up my new Pavillion x2, it offered me the option to upgrade to Windows 10 immediately. I used the same account that I have for my desktop. After installation was complete, it did not ask me to set up a new PIN for this laptop and doesnt accept the PIN i set up on the desktop. I just cant use the laptop at all.

Do you have any options?

Thank you

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi @pariteno,

Thank you for visiting the HP Forums! A great place where you can find solutions for your issues with help from the community!

I came across your post about the Notebook, and wanted to assist you! I have looked into your issue about your HP Pavilion Notebook and issues with the Windows 10 pin. If you have a Microsoft Account, use that account and password.

F11 at the start up will let you Go Back. The Go Back is a feature that will return your computer to the previous operating system that was installed before you upgraded to Windows 10.

You can do a system restore. System restore will help if something automatically updated and did not go well on the Notebook.

When performing a System restore please note remove any and all USB devices. Disconnect all non-essential devices as they can cause issues.

Please let me know how this goes.

Thanks.

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom left to say “Thanks” for helping.:smileyhappy:

I work on behalf of HP

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi @pariteno,

Thank you for visiting the HP Forums! A great place where you can find solutions for your issues with help from the community!

I came across your post about the Notebook, and wanted to assist you! I have looked into your issue about your HP Pavilion Notebook and issues with the Windows 10 pin. If you have a Microsoft Account, use that account and password.

F11 at the start up will let you Go Back. The Go Back is a feature that will return your computer to the previous operating system that was installed before you upgraded to Windows 10.

You can do a system restore. System restore will help if something automatically updated and did not go well on the Notebook.

When performing a System restore please note remove any and all USB devices. Disconnect all non-essential devices as they can cause issues.

Thanks.

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom left to say “Thanks” for helping.:smileyhappy:

I work on behalf of HP
HP Recommended

Thank you very much for your help

It looks like it worked!!:smileyvery-happy:

HP Recommended

Trying to set up my new HP Pavillion. At the part of the set up that mentions have a biometric input and a pin as being better than a passwork it prompts for a pin.  Was unable to enter anything. It was like the keyboard was not working.

What is that about?

@Mrstenter wrote:

Hi @pariteno,

Thanks.

Not my issue. This is a brand new computerd there is nothing to restore to.

@Mrstenter wrote:

Hi @pariteno,

Thanks.

This is a brand new computer there is nothing to restore to.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.