Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP ENVY 15 Notebook PC
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Once i recover my laptop with recovery options. After that i install rest of the hp softwares like

validity s/w

audio driver

graphic driver

simplepass

etc.

and also update them but still simplepass is not showing fingerprint reader and also checked in bios either is enable or not and it's not showing in bios.

In device manager\biometric devices\validity sensors does not have power management and it device status is

This device is not working properly because Windows cannot load the drivers required for this device. (Code 31)

{Operation Failed}
The requested operation was unsuccessful.

does any know how to solve this problem?

please forgive me for my english.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi @Darshan14,

Thanks for getting back to me with all that great information.

Yes, please do the chipset update.

The current version for Validity Fingerprint Sensor Driver is 4.5.289.0 Rev.A. clicking on the link will start the download for you.

The BIOS has also changed HP Notebook System BIOS Update Version F.42 Rev.A. Again the link will start the download for you.

Please keep me informed how things go.

If you require further assistance, let me know and I will gladly do all I can to help you.

Please let me know if this resolves the issue by marking this post as "Accept as Solution".
To simply say thanks, click the Thumbs up below! 🙂

Thanks.

Tardis40
I work on behalf of HP
Please click Accept as Solution if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click Kudos Thumbs Up on the right to say “Thanks” for helping!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi @Darshan14,

Thanks for becoming a member of the HP Support Forums. I understand you are having an issue with the fingerprint reader not being seen. I will be glad to help you.

Please post the full product number of your computer. See the following, if you need help with that information.
How Do I Find My Model Number or Product Number?

What is the version of the SimplePass identity protection software?

What version of the BIOS in installed?

Did you install the Chipset drivers?

Please get back to me with above information, so I can help you better.

Tardis40
I work on behalf of HP
Please click Accept as Solution if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
HP Recommended

my product no is K8U27PA#ACJ.

SimplePass identity protection software version HP SimplePass  -  HP  -  8.01.46

BIOS version insyde F.36, 02-02-2015

validity inc version 4.5.228.0.

no i haven't install chipset drivers but when i run from c:/SWSetup/Drivers/chipset is says do you want to downgrad your software? and it's version is 14.5.0.1081

please let me know i you want more info.

HP Recommended

Hi @Darshan14,

Thanks for getting back to me with all that great information.

Yes, please do the chipset update.

The current version for Validity Fingerprint Sensor Driver is 4.5.289.0 Rev.A. clicking on the link will start the download for you.

The BIOS has also changed HP Notebook System BIOS Update Version F.42 Rev.A. Again the link will start the download for you.

Please keep me informed how things go.

If you require further assistance, let me know and I will gladly do all I can to help you.

Please let me know if this resolves the issue by marking this post as "Accept as Solution".
To simply say thanks, click the Thumbs up below! 🙂

Thanks.

Tardis40
I work on behalf of HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.