Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Notebook 15-ac135nv
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi!

Recently bought HP Notebook 15-ac135nv with AMD Radeon R5 M330 video card.
When I tried to open webpages that support WebGL for 3D content in real-time( Sketchfab ), I get an error, mentioning that my Video Card doesn't support WebGL...
Could that be real? newly video card from AMD and doesn't support WebGL?

(never had before AMD video card, used to nVidia, so this is really frustrating..!)

Help please!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@Kosfas

Thanks for reaching out to us on HP Support Forums. 🙂 I came across your post and would like to help.

I understand that you have an HP Notebook - 15-ac135nv and when you try to open webpages that support WebGL for 3D content in real-time, you get a message saying that the video Card doesn't support WebGL. You seem to have updated the video drivers and issue still persits. 

I did some research and found that WebGL (Web Graphics Library) is something related to the JavaScript for applying 3D graphics for any compatible web browser without the use of plug-ins. 

I suggest you upgrade the flash player and check: http://hp.care/2dIHhKv . Also, try using different browsers like Chrome, Firefox, etc and check.

Feel free to let me know the outcome. Cheers! 🙂

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

By the way, just updated the drivers, before posting the problem!

Thank you in advance!

HP Recommended

@Kosfas

Thanks for reaching out to us on HP Support Forums. 🙂 I came across your post and would like to help.

I understand that you have an HP Notebook - 15-ac135nv and when you try to open webpages that support WebGL for 3D content in real-time, you get a message saying that the video Card doesn't support WebGL. You seem to have updated the video drivers and issue still persits. 

I did some research and found that WebGL (Web Graphics Library) is something related to the JavaScript for applying 3D graphics for any compatible web browser without the use of plug-ins. 

I suggest you upgrade the flash player and check: http://hp.care/2dIHhKv . Also, try using different browsers like Chrome, Firefox, etc and check.

Feel free to let me know the outcome. Cheers! 🙂

HP Recommended

Thank you for the fast response! 

I updated Flash as you said...but nothing.

Checked in chrome://flags/ to see if webGL is disabled, also ensured that "Use hardware acceleration when available " is enebled in chrome tab...but nothing.

Checked on internet explorer and voila... sketchfab works ok... so figured that it is all about Chrome's problem, not video card!

Looked at Google search also and found this thread:

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/40472961/webgl-unavailable-gpu-process-unable-to-boot/41672650#41...

SOLVED:

- Go to chrome://flags/

- In "Override software rendering list" I selected to show "disable", and everything looks ok now!!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.