Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended

thanks this worked for me 🙂 AMD APU

HP Recommended

@Burnsy wrote:

I fixed this on my Envy 15 j151sa - 

Settings > Display > Advanced Display Settings > Display Adapter Properties

Then Properties > Driver Tab > Update Driver button.

Voila!

My fix followed a slightly different path:  Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Display\Screen Resolution\Advanced Settings\Properties\Driver\Roll Back Driver.

Since my display driver was already the latest version, my only option appeared to be: Roll Back the Driver.

It worked.

HP Recommended

hi! This one worked in my PC. Thank you so much! 

HP Recommended

Thank you Baustin27.

Your method worked for me. It was realy hurting my eyes.

HP Recommended

Brilliant! I have an Envy 15 and  I tried other options posted without success. Yours did the trick....Thanks!

HP Recommended

thanks dude

HP Recommended

had the same problem on my mom's pavillion g4, Fn buttons not working, adjusting brightness sliders did nothing.

1. checked device manager, had Microsoft Basic Display Adaptor
  2. double clicked the above entry, and clicked Driver tab
  3. clicked Update Driver - it installed the AMD driver.
  4. once that finished the Generic PnP Display had been disabled, so i re-enabled it.

at that point both the Fn keys and brightness sliders worked as expected, problem solved.

HP Recommended

After a windows 10 update I lost the conntrol of my screen brightness. When i pushed the screen brightnes buttons the screen brightness indicator came up on the screen but it didn't respond to increasing or decreasing the brightness.

My solution. I right clickedd on the windows start button. clicked "Device Manager" Expanded "display adapters. Right clicked Right Clicked on the AMD Radeon 6700 series and selected update driver. That didn't work. So I switched it to the Microsoft display driver. That didn't work either Then I updated the microsoft display driver again and this time it lookded for the AMD Radion 6700 series driver and THAT WORKED! Screen bright and controls responding. Hope that's helpful to some soul out there trying to get his screen back! 🙂

HP Recommended

its really helpful....finally

HP Recommended

Worked for me too!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.