Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended

This information was helpful but on my HP 15 Notebook I had to do the opposite and rollback the driver

Settings > Display > Advanced Display Settings > Display Adapter Properties

Then Properties > Driver Tab > Roll Back Driver

HP Recommended

im having this problem aswell but it says my drivers are already updated and i dont have the rollback option anyone know something else i can try?

HP Recommended
My laptop says its totally up to date thus I don't get to adjust my brightness settings
HP Recommended

Really it worked.....thanks

HP Recommended

Thanks for that, I have tried lots of difference suggestions but this one has actually worked!

Cheers

HP Recommended

For me nothing helped (roll-back, reinstall, etc...)

The only solution is to download the driver: "HP Hotkey support" from the HP site.

Link: http://h20564.www2.hp.com/hpsc/swd/public/detail?sp4ts.oid=5257503&swItemId=ob_150949_1&swEnvOid=419...

Now everything is working fine.

Good luck

HP Recommended

Baustin27, Thank you for this fix.

I upgraded this hp envy from W8 to W10 anniversary.

Then I waved bye-bye to my control keys at the top of the keyboard.

I tried all of the fixes mentioned above but to no avail. They may work in some instances on some computers and that is exactly why forums work better than tech support.

Thanks to you my wayward computer is slowly returning home. 🙂

Thank you for taking the time to post.

Quoting Baustin27:

OK I went to Device Manager then expanded Monitors, after that I went to Properties on Generic Pnp Monitor then I clicked Enable. Thats it fully restored brightness instantly. Good Luck

HP Recommended

Baustin27 wrote:

OK I went to Device Manager then expanded Monitors, after that I went to Properties on  Generic Pnp Monitor then I clicked  Enable. Thats it fully restored brightness instantly. Good Luck 

Three days, multiple driver updates, reverts, uninstalls (to and from microsoft, amd, and generic), hardware change scans, manual driver updates from the HP drivers support for my laptop, os update, reverse, reupdate.

This is the one that FINALLY got my control back.

My Monitors driver was set to pnp monitor standard.  I went to update, browse, and changed it to generic.

The immense sigh of relief when my screen suddenly dimmed significantly made my grandma laugh. 

HP Recommended

Thanks i have solved my problem by followed your descriptions.

Now i can change my laptop's bghtness ratio

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.