Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP ENVY m6‑aq105dx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Just bought a brand new HP Envy m6‑aq105dx. I also have a Seagate Backup Hub that I use as a media server to store movies on and use PLEX to host everything. Well today I tried to install the Seagate dashboard software and it will not download. Not only that but It gave me the BSOD a few times and restarted the laptop. I also got stuck on the restart screen and had to do a hard reset. I finally was able to get access to the Seagate but when I tried to transfer files over it gave me an I/O error.  

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@RamosJ

Thank you for the update,

I appreciate your time and efforts, 

I'm glad you found a solution that suits your current needs,

Thanks for taking the time to let the community know about the solution

You've been great to work with and it has been a genuine pleasure interacting with you.

I hope both you and your product works great and remain healthy for a long time 😉 

To simply say thanks for my efforts to assist you, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos.

And mark my post as Accepted Solution to help others find a similar solution as you have.

Take care now and do have a fabulous week ahead. 🙂

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@RamosJ

Welcome to the HP Forums 🙂
I would like to take a moment and thank you for using this forum, it is a great place to find answers. 

As I understand the computer gets a blue screen error, However, since you haven’t captured the error code or message,
I would request you to follow the below steps to capture the error message/code to identify the issue and find a permanent fix:

• In Windows, search for and open View advanced system settings.
  • In the Advanced tab, under Startup and Recovery, click Settings.
  • Under System Failure, remove the check mark next to automatically restart, and then click OK.
  • Restart the computer to apply the change.
  • The computer no longer restarts automatically when a blue screen error occurs.

For more details: click here

Please reply back with the error code as the issue is code specific and it would be rather easier to provide an accurate solution using the same.

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the solution and kudos buttons, that’ll help us and others see that we’ve got the answers!
Reply for further assistance as well.
Good Luck.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I have recieved DPC Watchdog Error and a Memory Management Error. I have since returned the laptop and got a new one. Since I had owned the computer for less than a week they took it as faulty. Anyways in the error chech they ran it had the BSOD 6 times since the computer was first turned on and set up. Hopefully this is not a recurring issue with the new laptop as I got the same type. 

HP Recommended

@RamosJ

Thank you for the update,

I appreciate your time and efforts, 

I'm glad you found a solution that suits your current needs,

Thanks for taking the time to let the community know about the solution

You've been great to work with and it has been a genuine pleasure interacting with you.

I hope both you and your product works great and remain healthy for a long time 😉 

To simply say thanks for my efforts to assist you, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos.

And mark my post as Accepted Solution to help others find a similar solution as you have.

Take care now and do have a fabulous week ahead. 🙂

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.