Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
15-ax004na
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi,

Initially noticed that when returning to the desktop from my browser there is a very brief ripple effect on the screen. It looks like interference more than anything else as its not the actual desktop rippling, its more over the top of the image; hazy lines. I switched off wireless mouse in case that was it. Havent tried wifi yet - Im hoping its not something serious involving the graphics card.

More noticeable on lighter background colours even when jumping to a new tab, moving between applications.

Wonder if theres an issue with the screen or simply a display setting I can alter to try and prevent this.

New laptop, only a few weeks old.

Graphics card : NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 950M (2 GB GDDR5 dedicated)

Thanks for your assistance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@brutaledilusso

Welcome to HP Forums, this is a great place to get support, find answers and tips,
Thank you for posting your query, I'll be more than glad to help you out 🙂

As I understand the screen has hazy lines and gets a brief ripple effect at times,

I recommend checking if the same appears on the BIOS screen (restart the computer and tap on F10 to access BIOS)

This would confirm if it's either a hardware failure or an issue with the graphics card drivers so we may reinstall and update the drivers to fix the issue,

If the issue persists on BIOS as well, please try with an alternate monitor/TV to identify if it's the LCD or the motherboard/video card failure,

I would appreciate if you could attempt the above steps and let me know so that I may provide further assistance.

Regards,

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@brutaledilusso

Welcome to HP Forums, this is a great place to get support, find answers and tips,
Thank you for posting your query, I'll be more than glad to help you out 🙂

As I understand the screen has hazy lines and gets a brief ripple effect at times,

I recommend checking if the same appears on the BIOS screen (restart the computer and tap on F10 to access BIOS)

This would confirm if it's either a hardware failure or an issue with the graphics card drivers so we may reinstall and update the drivers to fix the issue,

If the issue persists on BIOS as well, please try with an alternate monitor/TV to identify if it's the LCD or the motherboard/video card failure,

I would appreciate if you could attempt the above steps and let me know so that I may provide further assistance.

Regards,

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thanks for your assistance @Riddle_Decipher.

Last night, I decided to update my Nvidia driver as a last ditch attempt. This resolved the issue and the wave/ripple issue has now completely disappeared.

I suspect this was brought about by the recent Windows 10 update?!

In any case thanks for your reply and I note the BIOS step as an important process of elimination for future!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.