Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
DV6-3217CL
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

So I'll add to the woes for Blu Ray playback. This laptop use to play Blu Rays without any issue. After a motherboard failure and replacement, the video playback is now choppy at best. It does play DVD's without issue but Blu Ray performance is terrible. I've run all the maintenance updates, windows updates, driver checks and anything I can find to fix with still very poor performance. I even upgraded to Windows 10 but that did nothing to resolve so I did a full reinstallation of Windows 7 which it came with, then all the updates.

What changed that causes this? I've even tried an external Blu Ray player which I know works but again, choppy playback on this machine. It contains the max 8Gb of ram which says less than 4GB useable which is strange considering its Win7/64 although the BIOS apparently has locked up the other 4GB of ram. It didn't use to do that so. BIOS revision is F.29

I used this machine for traveling when the MB died (video chip overheated and failed).  After I repaired it with the replacement MB, as stated, choppy playback of Blu Rays only. Thoughts or ideas?

🙂
David

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

I finally figured it out. It was one of the two memory DIMMs wasn't quite inserted all the way. It was close, very, very close but not quite. The clue was the unable memory as oppened to the installed memory. Playback is now working perfectly.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

I finally figured it out. It was one of the two memory DIMMs wasn't quite inserted all the way. It was close, very, very close but not quite. The clue was the unable memory as oppened to the installed memory. Playback is now working perfectly.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.