Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP ENVY x360 Convertible
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I don't remember when this issue started, it just did one day. I bought this laptop 4 months ago and it is still under warranty.

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-6560U CPU @ 2.20GHz

GPU: Intel(R) Iris(TM) Graphics 540

Resolution: 3840 x 2160

Refresh Rate: 60

Whenever the computer display is turned off for whatever reason, it will refuse to turn back on unless I force shutdown by holding the power button. If I move the mouse or attempt to turn the display back on through other means, the display is given power (because the screen actually turns on, but is displaying essentially a color that's almost completely black, or a very, very dark grey).

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Although my HID keyboard still doesn't have a power management tab, updating the BIOS seems to have fixed everything. I can wake the computer from sleep now using the keyboard/mouse regardless of how long it's been in sleep mode.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi! Koningkrush, Thanks for stopping by the HP Support Forums!

I understand that your laptop does not turn on after the sleep.

Please try few steps mentioned below. 

Follow these steps to enable your keyboard to wake your computer from sleep mode:
In Windows, search for and open the Device Manager.
Click the arrow next to Keyboards and double-click the name of your keyboard.
If the Power Management tab is available, proceed to the next step.
If the Power Management tab is not available, click the Change Settings button if it appears below the Device status box. The same Keyboard Properties window opens with the Power Management tab available.
If you are prompted for an Administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.
Click the Power Management tab and make sure that the box next to Allow this device to wake the computer is checked.
Click OK, and then test to make sure that the keyboard can now wake the computer. If the computer still cannot wake from sleep mode, continue using these steps.

Refer this article to further troubleshoot sleep issues: http://hp.care/2fei8W3

I will watch for your reply!

Cheers! 🙂

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

In Device Manager for the keyboard, neither the Power Management tab is available nor is the Change Settings button.

I've just updated my BIOS, so I'll respond again if I find whether or not it has solved the issue.

HP Recommended

Hey there! @Koningkrush, thanks to the response.

As you mentioned that you don't see the power management tab in device manager.

You have to expand keyboards, select HID keyboard from the list,right click and click on properties.

Select power management tab from the windows and put a check mark next to Allow this device to wake the computer.

If the HID keyboard is not listed click on view tab in computer management and select show hidden devices.

If the issue still persists uninstall the keyboard drivers from device manager and restart your PC.

I will watch for your reply.

Cheers! 🙂

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Although my HID keyboard still doesn't have a power management tab, updating the BIOS seems to have fixed everything. I can wake the computer from sleep now using the keyboard/mouse regardless of how long it's been in sleep mode.

HP Recommended

Hi @Koningkrush! thanks for the response,

I am happy to hear that your issue got resolved.

If you have any queries in future related to any HP products, you can always reach out to us.

We will try our best to help you out.

Take care,

Have a great day! 🙂

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.