Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
All-in-one ENVY 20-030
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

I have an ENVY 20-030 [no port for an external monitor].

I am told that I can use the USB3 port, with a USB-to-VGA or HDMI or DVI connector.:

Which connector is best?

Does HP sell a siutable connector?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Thanks.

You sure are quick to reply !

The unit is at my office and I can't access it until tomorrow: the answer however is that it doesn't matter which connector I use - an "el cheapo" will do.

Thank you V.M.

Gervais.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

gervaisharry222

Hello;

Allow me to welcome you to the HP forums!

I use a USB-to-VGA adapter to drive a third monitor for my desktop and find it works great!  I can't use it for videos or gaming, because the USB 2.0 port doesn't provide enough bandwidth, but I have the other two monitors for that.

What you buy is up to you.  If you use a USB 3.0 port, then you would have enough bandwidth to drive either HDMI or DVI -- and the choice then depends on how much you want to spend.

Good Luck

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
HP Recommended

Thanks.

You sure are quick to reply !

The unit is at my office and I can't access it until tomorrow: the answer however is that it doesn't matter which connector I use - an "el cheapo" will do.

Thank you V.M.

Gervais.

HP Recommended

@gervaisharry222 wrote:

.... the answer however is that it doesn't matter which connector ...

Hi,

This is depend on port or ports on your monitor. You have to buy the one which can be connected.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

Thanks.

Accept as solution.

Gervaisharry222

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.