Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended

This forum is helpful and affirms this isn't an isolated issue. I'm having very similar problems and like others, I'm also past the return window.

HP Thunderbolt 120W G4 docking station fails to connect dual monitors, HP M27fw, to HP Elitebook 865 G9 via the HDMI and DisplayPort connectors.

However, the docking station will connect one monitor at a time, but not both. The monitors work just fine when plugged directly into the laptop.

It will make a notification sound, attempt to connect, sometimes register the monitors under Display Settings then disconnect. The monitors have an error code that says to check cables and connections, then goes to sleep. Then attempts to pick up again, fails, and repeats indefinitely.

HP Recommended

Hi All,

I've just come across this forum as I've got the same issue with a new Zbook Firefly G10, however I'm not convinced that its the dock issue, as I've been running an Anker thunderbolt dock at home.  The Anker dock works perfectly for the last few years with my Macbook Pro displaying externally to two monitors, and also my old Dell XPS 15 that I gave back when I left my old job. 

I've just started a new job and was given the Zbook, and straight away started spotting this monitor off and on, when the laptop screen is fine.  I've just plugged it in at home, and straight away one monitor has started going off an on.  Incidentally its not both monitors which is strange??

Our IT support updated all the drivers and its still the same so I will also report it.

HP Recommended

To be honest, I've only ever used HP. I'm the Dragonfly Folio and previously the Specter. Docking with Dell works, but the fan won't stop spinning, and it's super loud, so I switched to HP Dock. When using a portal hub from Amazon, there are no issues, but the amount of cables running with portal docks is not optimal. I'm certain, at this point, for me, it is the HP dock. My worst case is to use Dell again, but the fan! When I logged a ticket with HP, they asked for HP ImageDiags report. I sent this in and it has been a week since I've last heard back. In all instances, the HP support is terrible. I'm hoping everyone logs a ticket with HP and references this community chat.

HP Recommended

I also have this dreaded issue.  First started with my G5 dock so I decided to try a G2 instead.  It actually worked great for the first week, then of course HP Update Assistant wanted me to upgrade its firmware.  As soon as that happened, it started acting just like the G5 dock.  Blacking out for a couple seconds at a time, sometimes frequently, other times a couple instances per day.

I wish I could revert to the Firmware version I was on, but it looks like that's not an easy chore.

I will never buy or recommend another HP dock to anyone.

HP Recommended

Hello All,

I have done extensive troubleshoot like changing the dock from G2 to G4, Monitors changed, laptop and dock firmware, drivers are all updated. I think it's the cable, right now I'm in the process of changing the display cables.

Could you guys try HDMI to HDMI or DP to DP only cables. 

Let me know how it goes. 

HP Recommended

I wish it were that simple.  Changing the cables was troubleshooting step 1 or 2 for me.  Same outcome.

I'm pretty sure it's something with the newer firmware they've pushed over time.  Not that we'll ever know.

HP Recommended

Good afternoon everyone,

I've been in contact with HP Support again today following up on my ticket logged back November 2023. The representative promised to update me and I've asked that he update this community forum. His initial thinking was that this was an isolated incident, so I redirected him to this community.

If you haven't logged a ticket with HP please call them. Ask them for the Commercial Docking Station support team. There aren't enough calls being tracked to get the data that they need to substantiate the problem.

HP Recommended

TL_TDJ, please see my post from today advising to contact HP Support and ask for their Business / Commercial Docking Station support team. There is general lack of awareness that this is a big problem and has been isolated to to me.

HP Recommended

It's interesting to read your response as I thought predominately the situation was home office use. If this is a pervasive problem at the Corporate/Enterprise level, it is ideal to contact the reseller or the HP Account Rep know. I'm surprised that there isn't a recall on the product. I am in touch now with HP Escalation Services. It is totally unacceptable how we've all had to deal with this. 

HP Recommended

Hi, I've tried. The HDMI Direct doesn't work; it's not even recognized. Only DP ports work. I have two HP monitors.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.