Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Envy Rove 20 ks001es
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello,

I have an HP Envy Rove 20 ks001 that has an i3 with an Intel HD Graphic Card (I think that it is the 4400 model).

I don't consider this product to be obsolete, however HP didn't release any Graphics Driver update for Windows 10.

If I look that Intel website, I Can see that there are fresh driver updates but I can't use them because the drivers of my product are managed by HP. If I try to install those drivers, I get a messsage sying that I should contact the manufacturer to get driver updates.

How can I use the latest drivers from Intel? I know that the last drivers on this graphic card is providing significant improvements on performance.

The question is: How Can I use the Intel drivers released by Intel?

Thank you.

Regards.

Alfredo.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi,

You can bypass the oem restriction by manually install the Intel Graphics driver as follows.

First, download the latest Intel HD4400 driver for your notebook from the link below and save it to your Downloads folder - you need the second option ( ie win64_154028.4501.zip ).

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/26229/Intel-Graphics-Driver-for-Windows-10-15-40-4th-Gen-

When done, download and install the .64bit version of 7-Zip on the link below.

http://www.7-zip.org/

When you've installed 7-Zip, open your Downloads folder, right click on the win64_154028.4501.zip package, select 7-Zip, select extract files and then click Ok.

Cut this newly extracted folder and paste it on your Desktop so it's easy to find.

When done, hold down the Windows key and press R

Into the Run window, type devmgmt.msc and hit enter.

In Device Manager, expand Display adapters, right click the Intel 4400 device and select 'Update Driver Software'.

In the following window, select 'Browser my computer for driver software' and then select 'Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer'.

In the next window, click the 'Have Disk' button and then browse to the extracted win64_154028.4501 folder you pasted on your Desktop.

Browse into the sub-folder Graphics, left click on the file igdlh64.INF to highlight it and then click Open.

Click on 'Ok' and then click 'Next' and wait for the driver to install.

When done, click 'Close' and then click 'Yes' to restart the PC.

Regards,

DP-K

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

****Click the White thumb to say thanks****
****Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem****
****I don't work for HP****

Windows Insider MVP

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi,

You can bypass the oem restriction by manually install the Intel Graphics driver as follows.

First, download the latest Intel HD4400 driver for your notebook from the link below and save it to your Downloads folder - you need the second option ( ie win64_154028.4501.zip ).

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/26229/Intel-Graphics-Driver-for-Windows-10-15-40-4th-Gen-

When done, download and install the .64bit version of 7-Zip on the link below.

http://www.7-zip.org/

When you've installed 7-Zip, open your Downloads folder, right click on the win64_154028.4501.zip package, select 7-Zip, select extract files and then click Ok.

Cut this newly extracted folder and paste it on your Desktop so it's easy to find.

When done, hold down the Windows key and press R

Into the Run window, type devmgmt.msc and hit enter.

In Device Manager, expand Display adapters, right click the Intel 4400 device and select 'Update Driver Software'.

In the following window, select 'Browser my computer for driver software' and then select 'Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer'.

In the next window, click the 'Have Disk' button and then browse to the extracted win64_154028.4501 folder you pasted on your Desktop.

Browse into the sub-folder Graphics, left click on the file igdlh64.INF to highlight it and then click Open.

Click on 'Ok' and then click 'Next' and wait for the driver to install.

When done, click 'Close' and then click 'Yes' to restart the PC.

Regards,

DP-K

Windows Insider MVP

HP Recommended

Thank you.

It works! But the system says that the driver is up to date what is not possible. Anyway, I think that it is a Windows/Intel issue...

Thanks!

HP Recommended

You're more than welcome :generic:

All the best,

DP-K

Windows Insider MVP

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.