Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP 430 Notebook PC
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)
Can I download newer Graphics Display/Display Adapter from the internet? For example mine now is Intel HD Graphics 3000 and I want to upgrade it. Thanks ^_^
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

McLen

Sorry, but your question is confusing.

A video "adapter" is hardware -- either a card (in the case of desktops) or a chipset (in the case of laptops). So, of course you can NOT download hardware.

As to drivers, with a laptop, you have specialized hardware and the ONLY place that carries the right drivers is the OEM, in this case, HP.  IF HP has no Win10 drivers for your laptop, then you should NOT have upgraded to Win10, as you are now stuck with the generic drivers that Microsoft provides.

If you download other drivers from the Internet, you run the risk of corrupting your display, and without that, your laptop will be rendered useless.

So, do NOT download drivers from the Internet.

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

McLen

Sorry, but your question is confusing.

A video "adapter" is hardware -- either a card (in the case of desktops) or a chipset (in the case of laptops). So, of course you can NOT download hardware.

As to drivers, with a laptop, you have specialized hardware and the ONLY place that carries the right drivers is the OEM, in this case, HP.  IF HP has no Win10 drivers for your laptop, then you should NOT have upgraded to Win10, as you are now stuck with the generic drivers that Microsoft provides.

If you download other drivers from the Internet, you run the risk of corrupting your display, and without that, your laptop will be rendered useless.

So, do NOT download drivers from the Internet.

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.