Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended

Hi, I'd like to personalize the screen saver of my brand new HP 15 ba-015na which came with Windows 10.

Problem is, when I go into Screen Saver Settings all I have is the screen savers (None plus the six Win10 screensavers) and the Selection button is not highlighted. I tried from the Personalization mwnu but there is nothing there that I can see that would help. od am I missing something?

My old Toshiba Satellite laptop's screen saver  defaulted to the photos on the laptop and popped them up randomly, which is what I would like to have on my new HP.

Grateful for any help. TIA.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi,

You can do this as follows.

Right click an empty area of the Desktop and select Personalise.

In the following window, select Lock screen in the left hand pane, then scroll down and select Screen saver settings.

In the next window, select Photos from the dropdown menu, then click apply to save the change.

If you wish to change the location images are selected from, click the Settings button to the right of the dropdown menu - here you can also select the slideshow speed or enable Shuffle.

Regards,

DP-K

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

****Click the White thumb to say thanks****
****Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem****
****I don't work for HP****

Windows Insider MVP

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Hi,

You can do this as follows.

Right click an empty area of the Desktop and select Personalise.

In the following window, select Lock screen in the left hand pane, then scroll down and select Screen saver settings.

In the next window, select Photos from the dropdown menu, then click apply to save the change.

If you wish to change the location images are selected from, click the Settings button to the right of the dropdown menu - here you can also select the slideshow speed or enable Shuffle.

Regards,

DP-K

Windows Insider MVP

HP Recommended

Hi,

Are you trying to save screen or to burn screen. Old CRT screens needed Screen saver but modern screens need to sleep otherwise it will burn screen in no time and put a hole in your pocket.

Hope this makes sense.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

Hi DavidPK, thanks again. Why am I not surprised you were the first to reply 🙂

It seems to be working. However, in the light of Banhien's reply I've done a little research and may reconsider screen saver use altogether. Perhaps it makes more sense to do an occasional slide show of my pics. What do you think?

S NoWiz

HP Recommended

Hi banhien and thanks very much. You can see from my user name I'm no wizz and your reply was an eye opener. I did a bit of read-up on scfreen savers and am quite ready to give up on my plan.

Great to have a forum where the uninitiated is taken seriously. Thank you!

Susan NoWizz

HP Recommended

Hi,

You're welcome :generic:

I think it really comes down to a personal preference.  As you intend to use the screensaver option to slideshow your own pictures, I don't see any problem with this considering the type of display your notebook has and the fact that the image will be changing frequently. 

As a sort of compromise, you could always set the display to sleep say 10 minutes after the screensaver is timed to kick in and get the best of both worlds.

All the best,

DP-K

Windows Insider MVP

HP Recommended

That would be a good compromise 🙂 I think I'll try that.

Thanks!

S NW

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.