Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Elitebook 840 G1, G2, G3
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

**It seems plugging a new dock into a setup that we know already works fixes whatever issue the dock has. After plugging it into a working setup, we can move it to whatever other computer/setup we need it for and it continues to work. Not a real techy solution, but it seems to work.

When trying to use a Displayport to VGA or a Displayport to DVI cable to connect from an HP 2013 Ultraslim Docking station to an external display, the display comes up with no signal and goes to sleep. Connecting with a VGA cable, it works fine. We were able to replicate this issue with multiple new, fresh out of the box docking stations. The issue happens on any monitors that we connect, even ones that work with other docks.

It seems to be the Intel Displayport Topology is picking up the display and making it so that the displayport cannot be activated without connecting 3 monitors.

The older version of the Ultraslim Docking station that only had 1 displayport seems to work just fine, it's just the newer 2013 version that has 2 displayports that has this issue.

Does anyone know if there is any newer firmware or where I can disable/stop the Displayport Topology from picking up this one monitor and trying to make it 3 displays? If not, we're probably going to have to go back to USB adapters and those are no fun.

Thanks,

Andrew

System info:

HP Elitebook 840 G1, G2, and G3 (Issue has occured with all 3 models.)

Windows 7 Enterprise x64

HP 2013 Ultraslim Docking Station

Dock Firmware 2.30

Updated Graphics, Chipset and USB drivers to latest version from HP's website.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi @Andrew-CF-,

Thank you for posting on HP Forums, The issue that you have with this HP Elitebook 840 is classified as a commercial product (business line).

Our Commercial Support Team does not provide assistance via this platform.
If you require immediate assistance, you will need to log a case with our Commercial Support Team.

Please click on this link: http://www8.hp.com/us/en/contact-hp/business-support.html for more details and support.

Let me know if you require further information and/or assistance.

Regards,

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi @Andrew-CF-,

Thank you for posting on HP Forums, The issue that you have with this HP Elitebook 840 is classified as a commercial product (business line).

Our Commercial Support Team does not provide assistance via this platform.
If you require immediate assistance, you will need to log a case with our Commercial Support Team.

Please click on this link: http://www8.hp.com/us/en/contact-hp/business-support.html for more details and support.

Let me know if you require further information and/or assistance.

Regards,

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.