Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
HP ENVY x360 15-aq055na 15.6"
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Sadly the touchscreen of my ENVY x360 15-aq055na has cracked and now only one half of the screen responds to touch. My main problem is I'm having difficulties finding out which screen digitizers are compatibile with my model though. So i was wondering which digitizer panels would I be able to replace with my current broken one?

Thanks

Rick

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

That can be tricky. I am in the process of trying to find one for an Envy Spectre 13t that I donated to a no-for-profit organization a couple of years ago. Some one damaged the touchscreen.

You will have to first check to see which screen yours has.

Is it one with a UHD (3840 X 1260) or an FHD (1920 x 1080) display?

The FHD version has a 30 pin connector and the UHD version has a 40-pin connector.

According to the MSG document, yours has an FHD display, so you need the thirty pin display version.

Which region of the world do you live in?  I need to know that to perform a search for a replacement screen.

I will edit this shortly.

Here is one in the UK

http://www.laptop-lcd-screen.co.uk/shop/HP-COMPAQ-ENVY-X360-15-AQ055NA-15.6-LAPTOP-SCREEN-NO-DIGITIZ...

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If my post was helpful or you just want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

HP Recommended

Thanks for the reply. Mine is indeed the FHD and I live in the UK, Liverpool.

I found the page you linked to before via google, but it only seems to be the laptop screen itself, and not the touch digitizer. So the otherway round of what I want.

HP Recommended

OK.

Then the link that I provided should be exactly what you need.

You are indeed fortunate that the economy of scale is at a point that the price for a replacement screen is so low.

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If my post was helpful or you just want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

HP Recommended

It's not what I need because the link is to a FHD display with no digitizer, when what I need is the glass digitizer without the display 😛  but thanks you for trying, this part seems very difficult to find for my model.

Edit - I woud also be happy with a FHD display with a digitizer but that seems wasteful as the origial screen is an IPS panel and still fully works.

HP Recommended

Then it is just a matter of searching further.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.