Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Notebook
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Please let me know the driver I need to use for AMD Radeon R7 M440 card. I tried downloading and installing the AMD crimson 16.9.1 control panel but it installs a M340 driver and is not compatible. Unfortunately, in a haste, i also removed the HP Drivers partition.

The product is 15-ay078tx

25 REPLIES 25
HP Recommended

Hey there @rparitosh

Thank you for joining the HP Forums!

I understand that you need graphics driver for AMD Radeon R7 M440 card.

I did find the driver in hp.com however this driver is compatible only with windows 10.

You can install the driver using the compatibility mode.

Please find the link to the driver: http://hp.care/2cCX3pt

I will watch for your reply.

Have a great day!

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended
Have your issue resolved
HP Recommended

My HP is 15-ay115tx with core i7-7500u running with Windows 8.1 pro.

It didn't help much.

Even I had it installed Windows 10 pro, the result is the same. Couldn't use AMD graphic.

However, serarching in AMD site is helpless either. The latest driver supports just M3xx series.

I made an update through online, it just downloaded Intel HD 620 driver and still cannot connect or switch to AMD R7 M440.

Any solution from HQ?

HP Recommended
I was ablr to eventually use the R7 m340 driver. The problem was with windows 7. After in installed m7 service pack and reinstalled the driver, it worked. Earlier the control panle wouldnt work. Now it is working correctly.
HP Recommended
I mean to say after i installrd windows 7 Sp1..
HP Recommended
yep, I had installed Win 8.1 pro, and I was stuck like yours. Then I changed to Win7, it was still the same. So I searched for solution and found this forum, your topic. So I ran to Win10 pro. and still the same.

However, where could you find all of drivers when in that page, there was just win10 as the default operating system to select? Some of drivers for Win10 is not compatible with Win7, is it?
HP Recommended
Honestly, i can't comment on win 8.1 but i believe there is o er driver installation - crimson 16.10.3 for win 7 64 bit (292mb) which workes for me.. windows 8.1 has a different link (243mb) which should work and show m340 on the device manager once its working.

But as is said the problem is not the driver but windows itself wherin the service pack installation worked on Windows 7 64 bit
HP Recommended

And dont use the HP site for the driver.. Use the AMD site which will give you the latest version of AMD drivers.

http://support.amd.com/en-us/download/desktop?os=Windows+8.1+-+64

Use the driver and Support link on the site for downloading the driver for any other windows version.. Support is upto Windows 7 (32/64 Bit)

HP Recommended
It did not help guys. I had tried two times, in device manager, it said I installed a wrong driver. In AMD site, it just supports the latest of M300 series. So it showed as I installed Radeon R7 M360 driver. Therefore hardware did not work properly.

I've already contacted to AMD and Intel through support services. No idea what it would be
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.