Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended

same broblem with hp 15 ay120ne
r7 m440 ----windows 7 (64)

after i spend tooooo much time to get all the driver
amd it installs a M340 drive

any help ??
Untitled.jpg

HP Recommended

This setting is the best possible one at this point i believe. The driver should work normally. Are you facing any issues with the driver?

HP Recommended

at this point no reall issues with the driver exept there is no control panal and no swichaple

but why we dont get performans for what we pay for

who we should plame HP or Windows or AMD for not support ???

HP Recommended
The Radeon control panel works well for me. Are u getting the icon in the control panel?
HP Recommended

I used to think like that, no offense, but when they put that hardware into their product, but no correct driver support, it's totally weird for me. This statement is for HP side 

However, after my issue got to AMD, they simply replied to me that you can use the latest driver of the latest graphic mobile which are available on their site. " They said if you installed it, and no issue about performance after that", I should ignore what bothered me. " If one of customer really had a problem with driver detection, they simply suggested to roll back to Manufacturer driver, HP's " . . . by the way, it was just an ID of hardware. In practice, it uses the same driver.

So those leads me to the same question.

HP Recommended
Use Windows device manager to update the R7 M340 driver you will find it in the display adapters after clicking on the driver tab click on update
And windows will download the r7 m440 driver

I hope that helped
It worked for me
HP Recommended

From your image posted it looks like you've got the Intel HD Graphics 620 driver to install.  Is this on win 7 64 bit?

I haven't been successful loading the intel drivers, it says not compatible.

Can you give me the steps you used to install it?

I also have the issue with the AMD Radeon R7 M440 being recognized as a M340.  The driver fails to load and device manager shows an error 43.

I'm hoping if i can get the intel hd 620 driver to load it will correct that issue as well or at least make the laptop usable with win 7.

The device manager just shows 'standard vga' adapter.

Thanks!

HP Recommended
Have you installed the windows 7 service pack? Make sure you do that first. The drivers behave funny if you dont.
HP Recommended

Yes, SP1 and all available updates have been installed.  Thanks...

HP Recommended

Product: ay078tx

Help needed!!!

Even I am facing same problem,Not able to detect R7 M440 driver.I tried to update driver software ,but it didnt work.

If R7 M440 is only compatible with win 10 then HP should warn users prior to buying that graphics card will work with win 10.

graphics_card_issue.PNG

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.