Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Spectre
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi all , i have an hp spectre product and its been 9 months since i bought it , i have a problem with the display.

I don't have a specific description for the situation, but the liquid in my LED Touch Display keeps flowing in the screen's corners when i rotate the lid to a diffrent angle but it doesn't flicker and also when i apply pressure on the corner of the display it keep doing the same.

Any ideas ?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

No problem, and thank you as well for your quick reply. Based on what I can find, it sounds like the issue might be with the Polarizer. If my suspicion is correct, I do not believe there is any troubleshooting I can suggest that will correct the issue.  I think the best thing to do it to call us. Since you have only had it for roughly 9 months, I suspect the Spectre is in warranty still. 

What you can do, is use the following link to create yourself a case number, then call and it may help speed up the call process:

Step 1. Open link: www.hp.com/contacthp/
Step 2. Enter Product number or select to auto detect
Step 3. Scroll down to "Still need help? Complete the form to select your contact options"
Step 4. Scroll down and click on: HP contact options - click on Get phone number

Case number and phone number appear.

Sunshyn2005
I work on behalf of HP

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the thumbs up" button!

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Hiya @3issa

Welcome to the HP Forums! I would be happy to help you with your Spectre. I understand your LED Touch Display isn't flickering, but when you apply pressure or rotate the screen the display does not behave as expected. It would help me greatly to know what model of Spectre you have. Please post back with the model number and I will gladly do all I can to help.  Finding Your HP Product Model Number

Thanks. Talk to you soon. 

Sunshyn2005
I work on behalf of HP

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the thumbs up" button!

HP Recommended

Thank you for reply ,

My product number is N5R93UA#ABA

HP Recommended

No problem, and thank you as well for your quick reply. Based on what I can find, it sounds like the issue might be with the Polarizer. If my suspicion is correct, I do not believe there is any troubleshooting I can suggest that will correct the issue.  I think the best thing to do it to call us. Since you have only had it for roughly 9 months, I suspect the Spectre is in warranty still. 

What you can do, is use the following link to create yourself a case number, then call and it may help speed up the call process:

Step 1. Open link: www.hp.com/contacthp/
Step 2. Enter Product number or select to auto detect
Step 3. Scroll down to "Still need help? Complete the form to select your contact options"
Step 4. Scroll down and click on: HP contact options - click on Get phone number

Case number and phone number appear.

Sunshyn2005
I work on behalf of HP

HP Recommended
Thank you for reply ,
I went to one of hp branches for checking my laptop and they said that there isn't a problem and all types of that product (Spectre) are doing the same thing. I don't believe that changing the lid to different angles causing the liquid in my display moving around in the corners is a normal condition.
Thank you
HP Recommended

Also i would like to enquire about my warranty extension

Serial no : [Personal Information Removed]

Product no : N5R93UA#ABA

HP Recommended

Here are your warranty details:

HP Warranty: {Serial number removed for customer privacy}

Base warranties with active components can be linked to your profile by visiting the Link warranties page. If your warranty has expired you can purchase a post-warranty HP Care Pack at HP Care Pack Services.

Warranty type:  Base Warranty

Service type:  Wty: HP HW Maintenance Offsite Support

Start date:  Sep 20, 2015

End date:  Sep 19, 2016

Service level:  Std Office Hrs Std Office Days
Std Office Hrs Std Office Days
Global Coverage
Standard Material Handling
Standard Parts Logistics
No Usage Limitation
5 Business Days Turn-Around
Pickup by HP
HP Ships to Customer Site

Deliverables:  Offsite Support & Materials
Hardware Problem Diagnosis

Service type:  Wty: HP Support for Initial Setup

Start date:  Sep 20, 2015

End date:  Sep 19, 2016

Service level:  Std Office Hrs Std Office Days
NextAvail TechResource Remote
2 Hr Remote Response
Unlimited Named Callers

Deliverables:  Initial Setup Assistance

I found this using the following link: Warranty check

Sunshyn2005
I work on behalf of HP

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.