Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
envy m6 sleekbook

My laptop screen keeps going blank. and somtimes i am in the middle of something. the laptop keeps runing though as nothing has happened.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hello @Iggy6,

It seems like you may be having an hardware related issue.  You may consider contacting HP Phone Support, for additional options.  Please use the following http://www.hp.com/contacthp and create a case for your issue and contact HP. If you live outside the US/Canada, please click the link below to get the contact information for your region.
http://www8.hp.com/us/en/contact-hp/ww-phone-assist.html

I hope this helps.

Please let me know if this information helps you resolve the issue by marking this post as "Accept as Solution", this will help others easily find the information they may be looking for.  Also, clicking the Thumbs up below is a great way to say thanks!

Regards!

SDF15
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution.
Click the Thumbs Up to say “Thanks” for helping!

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
HP Recommended

Hello @Iggy6,

Welcome to the HP Forums, I hope you enjoy your experience! To help you get the most out of the HP Forums, I would like to direct your attention to the HP Forums Guide First Time Here? Learn How to Post and More.

I came across your post about the display issue, and wanted to help!  I understand that the screen keeps going blank while you are using the notebook.

To start, can you provide me with the Product Number and Operating System of the notebook?  You can use the links below to assist you with that information:
HP Customer Support - Products
Which Windows operating system am I running?

In the meantime, will the screen ever recover after going blank?  Or do you have to restart the notebook?  There may be an issue with the display driver.  Try reviewing the following document, and let me know how it goes: 

HP PCs - Error: Display Driver Stopped Responding and Has Recovered (Windows 10, 8, 7)

Please let me know if this information helps you resolve the issue by marking this post as "Accept as Solution", this will help others easily find the information they may be looking for.  Also, clicking the Thumbs up below is a great way to say thanks!

Have a great day!

SDF15
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution.
HP Recommended

the product number is   E0L01UA

the os is windows 10(64bit)home

HP Recommended

Hello @Iggy6,

Thank you for the information!

What were the results from the document I provided in my previous post?

Regards!

SDF15
I work on behalf of HP

HP Recommended

it still happens.

HP Recommended

Hello @Iggy6,

Thank you for the quick reply!

Did you try updating the Graphics, BIOS, and Chipset drivers?  You can find drivers for your product here: Drivers - HP ENVY m6-k010dx Sleekbook

Did you end up performing the System Recovery, to put the notebook back to its factory settings?

Regards!

SDF15
I work on behalf of HP

HP Recommended

i have done a system recovery but now it won't stay on. the laptop itself keeps shuting down.

HP Recommended

Hello @Iggy6,

Is this happening while your notebook is running on battery power, or the AC Adapter?

Regards!

SDF15
I work on behalf of HP

HP Recommended

yes with both ac and battery. now it won't even boot up. it keeps starting then stops and restarts untill it over heats. it won't even get to the menu to allow me to do another reset.

HP Recommended

Hello @Iggy6,

It seems like you may be having an hardware related issue.  You may consider contacting HP Phone Support, for additional options.  Please use the following http://www.hp.com/contacthp and create a case for your issue and contact HP. If you live outside the US/Canada, please click the link below to get the contact information for your region.
http://www8.hp.com/us/en/contact-hp/ww-phone-assist.html

I hope this helps.

Regards!

SDF15
I work on behalf of HP

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.