Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended

Hi jpStormcrow

Can you please post the exact version / links to the downloads?

I have tried everything and nothing seems to work. Your previous instructions worked until the first reboot then stopped working.

Really appreciate the help. Thanks.

HP Recommended
Gladly! I will post a Dropbox link tonight. I'm away from my office at the moment.
HP Recommended

Good morning jpStormcrow,

Curious when you might be able to post links to the files mentioned. I've been working on this same issue for months and would really like to get this resolved.

Thank you

HP Recommended

I'm also dealing with this issue. We were able to "fix" it once before by rolling back the 1709 update, but now that it is marked as a "Security" and "Critical" update we have to find a way to fix it without rolling back.

I have tried the steps mentioned by jpStormcrow to no avail, but most of the latest drivers had already been applied from the last time we tried to fix the issue. I also tried uninstalling all the drivers and reinstalling. 

When I contacted HP support on the issue their response was, "Uninstall/reinstall drivers" then when that didn't work they wanted me to wipe the systems... That is not practical!

I will be following this thread and will continue tinkering to try to figure out how to get this fixed. If I make any progress I will make sure to post it here. 

HP Recommended

I apologize for not getting this out when I promised. I had a busy weekend and week. I have uploaded a dropbox file with the exact steps I used for all of my tablets. Please give it a go and try it out.

NOTE: Use at your own risk, I am not liable for any issues that may occur.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/4anss3sqpf7xcmt/AABByqeexHCmuUK7hzpb7wI2a?dl=0

edit: remember to reboot after the last step.

HP Recommended

Amazing work! This has worked for me on 1 tablet so far. I'm still dealing with an issue of the rear camera not working inside of a specific app that they use, but that will be pretty specialized. I'll try this fix on a couple other tablets sometime today.

Thanks a million!

HP Recommended

As far as I can tell this issue cropped up in 1709 due to the hardening of the security within the OS. If you do everything in my fix besides update the graphics driver you will be able to preview the rear camera, but trying to take a picture will result in a "Can't save to that location" error. Very weird - if it isnt working within a specialty app they may need to update their coding as well.

HP Recommended

Just successfully installed on one tablet, thank you. Will run on a couple more tomorrow, again thanks.

HP Recommended

Thank you so much jpStormcrow. Worked flawlessly.

Honestly I was expecting better support from HP and for them to stay on top of things when it comes to support. A little disappointed in their service for a fantastic product.

Thank you once again for making my machine whole again 🙂

HP Recommended

Just as an FYI in case anyone else has issues with other apps after fixing this:

I was able to make the 3rd party app work with its camera by rolling back hte graphics driver to 20.19.15.4483 with all the other driver updates listed above.

For a couple of the tablets I was able to actually just use "Roll Back Driver" but for a few others I had to uninstall the drive, checking the box to delete the driver software, and then reinstall the older driver. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.