Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
HP ProBook 440 G1
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

Hello HP admins, My laptop has only an Intel inside. So, basically when Im playing heavy games like GTA 5 i can't play it in high Graphics. I would like to know if its possible to add Video card like AMD or Nvidia to my laptop so i can play in High graphics ? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi:

The only way you can upgrade the graphics would be to replace the entire motherboard with one listed in the service manual that has the amd/Intel switchable graphics.

That would be a very costly and labor intensive project.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Hi:

The only way you can upgrade the graphics would be to replace the entire motherboard with one listed in the service manual that has the amd/Intel switchable graphics.

That would be a very costly and labor intensive project.

HP Recommended

just to ask how much would it cost by replacing the entire motherboard of my laptop ? 

HP Recommended

@cee00

Did you go into the BIOS and see if 256mb is set for the video.

It may help.

256MB.JPG

REO

HP Recommended

Hi:

Looking at the service manual the motherboard with the best graphics is this one...

Windows 8 Professional with 2-GB discrete graphics memory   HP Part # 734084-601

New from HP, the motherboard is $630.78 USD.

Then you need a different fan/heatsink...

For use in models with discrete graphics   HP Part # 721538-001

New from HP, the fan/heatsink is $48.52 USD.

That is just for the parts.

I am not a PC repair tech by trade or training, so I have no idea what the labor would cost if you didn't do the work yourself.

HP Recommended

so much expensive for that price and thank you for the reply bro 😄

HP Recommended

yeah I did, and i change 128mb to 256mb, but i don't know the effect of changing that video memory for real. In fact, I don't have good enough knowledge when it comes to computer/laptop.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.