Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion g7
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi,

Please provide instruction on how to turn on webcam for my HP Pavilion g7.

Thanks.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@F_M-55

Welcome to the HP Forums 🙂

I would like to take a moment and thank you for using this forum, it is a great place to find answers.

As I understand you need instructions on turning on the webcam,

If your computer came with a built-in webcam, HP has pre-installed software that you can use to record and share webcam video: either CyberLink YouCam, MediaSmart WebCam, or TouchSmart Webcam. Find these software products on your computer as follows:

1. In Windows, search for and open one of the following programs.

• YouCam (for All-in-One desktop PCs and many notebook PCs)

• MediaSmart Webcam (for All-in-One desktop PCs and notebook PCs)

• TouchSmart Webcam (for Touch PCs)

2. Click the name of the webcam software from the search results list. If the name of your webcam software does not appear in the search results list, try searching again using one of the other names.

3. What happens when you open the software?

• If you cannot find and open the webcam software for your computer, then continue to the next step.

• If you found webcam software and it opens and you can see an image, then you are finished. Your webcam is working.

For more details: Click here

If I have helped you resolve the issue, feel free to give me a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, 

Followed by clicking on "Accept as solution" from the drop-down menu on the upper right corner,

Thank you for posting in the HP Support Forum.  Have a great day!

Regards,

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.