Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
PAVILLION G7 1216 SV/EV
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

During opening the computer to clean unfortunately broke the clip that secures the cable to the connector (see figures) . Has anyone tell me how to fix this problem; My laptop is an HP PAVILLION G7 1216 SV

keyboard clip_.bmp

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hello @SUBA54,

Welcome back to the HP Forums! I read your post on the HP Support Forums and wanted to reach out to you.

I understand that while attempting to clean the system the connection for the keyboard has broken off. You may be able to fix it by reviewing the service manual (Keyboard information begins on page 57), however, it may require the keyboard itself to be replaced.

Please let me know how this goes. Please click the Accept as Solution if you feel this post has helped you, or could help others.

Thanks!

Please click the Thumbsup.JPG below to show you like/appreciate my post or to simply say thanks!

Please share what worked for you with others by marking the post as solved by clicking the Accept as Solution button.

Thanks - I work on behalf of HP

HP Recommended

As I say in the post the problem is that it has broken the clip of the connector (item 1 page 60.7 in the user manual) which is on the motherboard. I tried to put the ribbon cable of the keyboard and to stick it with a tape but do not work all the keys. I do not know if there is spare connector in the market. Thanks for your interest

HP Recommended

Hi @SUBA54,

Thanks for the clarification.

From my experience, the connection that has broken off is not an individual part that can be replaced. You mentioned that you attempted to reconnect the keyboard ribbon and only some of the keys were functioning, that can indicate there is further damage on the motherboard connection or the keyboard ribbon itself.

You may be able to find compatible replacement parts using HP PartSurfer.

Thanks!

Please click the Thumbsup.JPG below to show you like/appreciate my post or to simply say thanks!

Please share what worked for you with others by marking the post as solved by clicking the Accept as Solution button.

Thanks - I work on behalf of HP

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.